Grenoble Ecole de Management offers a unique Executive Doctorate of Business Administration degree in the USA.
The degree is delivered by Grenoble Ecole de Management and most of the workshops take place at Woodbury campus in Burbank, California.
Grenoble Ecole de Management is a member of the Executive DBA Council.
Who are we looking for?
Recruitment for this doctoral business program is on a worldwide basis. Our doctorate in business students come from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. Students may have experience in various areas of study such as sciences, humanities, technical and engineering fields.
Applicants have usually attained a high level of professional achievement and are either managers and executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified instructors who work in business schools.
Who will be your DBA supervisor?
Each DBA degree candidate is assigned a research-active professor from Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) or another accredited partner university.
Your DBA supervisor provides a broad range of expertise as well as an international reputation in research on business innovation, technology management and the organizational dimensions of technological change.
In this doctor of business administration program, participants will attend their first introductory workshop in Grenoble. Other workshops will be held in Burbank, California.
Planning for 2018 intake*
- Workshop 1/ 19-23 November 2018, Grenoble
- Workshop 2 / Research Design and Literature Review - 1-3 March 2019, Burbank
- Workshop 3 / Qualitative Data Collection - 31 May 2019-2 June 2019, Burbank
- Workshop 4 / Qualitative Data Analysis - 18-20 October 2019, Burbank
- Workshop 5 / Quantitative Data Collection - 28-29 Feb / 1 March 2020, Burbank
- Workshop 6 / Quantitative Data Analysis - 30-31 May 2020 -1 June 2020, Burbank
- Workshop 7/ Quantitative Data Analysis 2 (including stage 1 assessment) – TBC - Grenoble
* Subject to change
Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's degree.
All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English and who have not already successfully studied in an English-speaking environment will be required to provide evidence of advanced proficiency in English.
Acceptance to the program
Acceptance will be based on a preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received.
An Admissions Board will make the final decision.
- Session 3 application : June 25, 2018
- Session 4 application : August 27, 2018
- Session 5 application : September 24, 2018
Required Application Documents
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed and signed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas officially translated to English or French
- A Statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his or her motivations and how this is coherent with their long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives indications of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans
- Language test scores if requested
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
For questions and guidance in preparing the admissions process please contact the following person:
(+33) 4 76 70 62 40
|Year 2*||€ 17,000|
|Year 3||€ 13,000|
|Year 4||€ 13,000|
|Additional years (5+)||€ 13,000|
(*): A deposit of one-third of the tuition fee must be paid upon registration. In addition to these fees, students are responsible for all travel, accommodation and subsistence costs required to attend the program workshops. The tuition fee is subject to change at any time upon written notice.
About the Executive DBA Council
More on the Woodbury campus (Burbank, California)
Back to the DBA Program