Join our 3-year part-time, executive DBA program and make an impact through applied research.
With strategic locations in both France and California, the program is adapted to the busy lives of professionals and academics.
Are you interested in producing research that can significantly enhance current business practices or enact meaningful change? Earn a Doctorate of Business Administration from leading triple-accredited business school, Grenoble Ecole de Management.
Our international DBA program focuses on high-quality research that bridges the gap between business and academia.
Designed for executives and professionals seeking to excel in applied research, this program offers participants the support necessary to publish scholarship that impacts business and society.
Participating in a world-class DBA program also opens new doors for professionals seeking to transition towards academic careers.
Come share with us your passion for solving real-world challenges.
The DBA Profile
Recruitment for this doctoral business program is on a worldwide basis. Our doctorate in business students come from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. Students may have experience in various areas of study such as the sciences, humanities, technical, and engineering fields.
Applicants have usually attained a high level of professional achievement and are either managers and executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified instructors who work in business schools.
3-years, part-time, flexible with both online and on-site seminars, conferences, qualifying examinations and a final dissertation
Participants are invited to attend an introductory workshop at our home campus in Grenoble, France. All other workshops will be held mostly online for the convenience of busy executives with a workshop mid-program in Los Angeles. This part-time, online, executive doctoral program can be completed while working.
Excellence in Research:
In addition to our triple accreditation (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS), the DBA is an AACSB-recognized terminal degree for future faculty. With more than 1,400 intellectual contributions to business practices, our DBA alumni have created a significant impact in numerous fields.
A Global Community of Scholars:
With DBA locations in France and the USA, Grenoble Ecole de Management continues to build an active international network that includes more than 500 DBA alumni.
A Program Made for Executives by Executives:
The DBA program is organized into seminars, conferences and research activities taking place mostly online. Coursework and content is delivered according to a part-time schedule that meets the needs and constraints of working professionals.
Dedicated Services for DBA Students:
- Statistical and specialized software
- Extensive e-library services
- Business and social sciences databases
- Online scholarly and professional journals
Faculty & Supervision
Our international faculty is comprised of industry experts and is strongly engaged in producing world-class research.
Benefit from the support of an experienced, research-active supervisor from Day 1 of the program.
A Word from the Academic Director:
Learn more about our faculty:
Training Seminars & Workshops
Participants are invited to attend an introductory workshop at our home campus in Grenoble, France. All other workshops will be held mostly online for the convenience of busy executives with a workshop mid-program in Paris or Los Angeles.
(See dropdown menu for schedule)
*Program content and dates subject to change
**Workshops may be adapted to a hybrid structure (offered both in-person and live online) depending on global travel conditions
**Seminar 1: Introduction & Welcome
November 15-19, 2021 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 1: Implementing the Research Proposal
January 17, 2022 - ONLINE
**Seminar 2: Research Design & Literature Review
March 18-20, 2022 - LOS ANGELES
**Seminar 3: Research Methods (Qualitative or Quantitative)
October 10-14, 2022 - PARIS
Online Workshop 2: Preparing the Dissertation Proposal
December 5, 2022 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 3: Preparing the Dissertation Proposal Defense
February 20, 2023 - ONLINE
Seminar 4: Advanced Research Methods (Qualitative or Quantitative)
March 10-12, 2023 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 4: The Road to Final Defense
April 3, 2023 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 5: Academic Writing Skills
July 10, 2023 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 6: Theoretical Contribution & Impact
October 9, 2023 – 5pm - ONLINE
Online Workshop 7: Managerial Contribution & Impact
February 12, 2024 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 8: Communicating your Research
June 24, 2024 - ONLINE
- Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's degree.
- All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English.
- GMAT or other English tests are not requested, however, English abilities will be evaluated by the Program Director during the interview.
Acceptance to the Program
- Acceptance will be based on a preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received.
- Final decision will be made by an Admissions Board.
Please use our application system to provide your complete information.
Required Application Documents
- Research manifesto: present your research proposal and your motivations to join the program.
- Updated CV
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts
- 2 references (when possible 1 academic/1 business referee). Reference are to be emailed to email@example.com
Rolling Application Deadlines*
- March 16, 2021
- April 29, 2021
- June 3, 2021 - July 8, 2021 - September 2, 2021
- September 30, 2021
*Notification and acceptance packages are generally sent about two weeks after each deadline.
Program Start Date: November 15
(please note that the DBA has one intake per year)
|Year 1*||$20,000 USD|
|Year 2*||$20,000 USD|
|Year 3*||$20,000 USD|
*A deposit of 50% of the (first year) tuition fee must be paid upon registration.
In addition to these fees, students are responsible for all travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs required to attend the program workshops.
Additional fees apply to 4+ years.
- Excellence & Topic-based scholarships: available for early applicants upon request, profile pending. Priority given to early applicants. Scholarship essay must be sent along with application. Offer applies to first 3 rounds of deadlines and will not be extended past July 8. Contact us for details.
- Alumni scholarship: If you are GEM alumni (BIB, MSc, PGE, MIB, MBA), we offer a special discount on the DBA tuition fees.
More on the Woodbury campus (Los Angeles, California)