The DBA Profile
Recruitment for this doctoral business program is on a worldwide basis. Our doctorate in business students come from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. Students may have experience in various areas of study such as the sciences, humanities, technical, and engineering fields.
Applicants have usually attained a high level of professional achievement and are either managers and executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified instructors who work in business schools.
A Word from the Program Director:
"Our DBA USA program offers a unique combination of intellectual curiosity, world-class research, and professional accomplishment. Powered by one of the top Business Schools in Europe, this program boasts 28 years of experience and a vast alumni network of +500 graduates. Led by leading industry experts and international research faculty, this competitive program is both research-oriented and promotes strong contributions to managerial practice. Furthermore, during the DBA program, you will develop new relationships with peers also seeking the ultimate life challenge of the doctorate. I look forward to welcoming you to our unique DBA program!" - Prof. Pierre Yves Sanséau
Participants are invited to attend an introductory workshop at our home campus in Grenoble, France. All other workshops will be held mostly online for the convenience of busy executives with a workshop mid-program in Paris or Los Angeles.
*Program content and dates subject to change
Introduction Workshop - Fundamentals in Applied Research
November 3 - 6, 2021 - Grenoble
January, 2022 - ONLINE
April, 2022 - ONLINE
Qualitative & Quantitative Research
November, 2022 - ONLINE
Stage 1 Assessment
April, 2023 - ONLINE
Crafting your Managerial Contribution
October, 2023 - Los Angeles for DBA USA
Communicating your Research
July, 2014 - ONLINE
Your DBA Supervisor
Each DBA candidate is assigned a research-active professor from Grenoble Ecole de Management or a partner institution. Our Faculty provides a wide range of expertise and an international reputation in research on business innovation, technology management, and the organizational dimensions of technological change. The supervisor helps the student define and carry out a DBA research project until his or her final thesis defense.
Faculty who supervise doctoral students at Grenoble Ecole de Management have the opportunity to work with candidates who have met our demanding selection criteria. These students are often given privileged access to top-tier research in the fields of business and organizations, which provides them exciting opportunities for high-impact, novel research and joint publications.
Learn more about our faculty:
- Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's degree.
- All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English.
- GMAT or other English tests are not requested, however, English abilities will be evaluated by the Program Director during the interview.
Acceptance to the Program
- Acceptance will be based on a preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received.
- Final decision will be made by an Admissions Board.
Required Application Documents
- Research manifesto (template available on the online application or download here). Present your research proposal and your motivations to join the program.
- Updated CV
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts
- 2 references (when possible 1 academic/1 business referee)
- March 16, 2021
- April 27, 2021
- June 3, 2021
- July 8, 2021
- August 25, 2021
- September 20, 2021
- Early bird / Merit-based scholarship: available for early applicants upon requestion, profile pending. Maximum deadline July 8, 2021 - priority given to early applicants.
- Alumni scholarship: If you are GEM alumni (BIB, MSc, PGE, MIB, MBA), we offer a special discount on the DBA tuition fees.
Please contact us for more information.
|Year 1*||$20,000 USD|
|Year 2*||$20,000 USD|
|Year 3*||$20,000 USD|
|Additional years (4+)||$10,000 USD|
*A deposit of one-third of the (first year) tuition fee must be paid upon registration.
In addition to these fees, students are responsible for all travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs required to attend the program workshops.
More on the Woodbury campus (Los Angeles, California)
Grenoble Ecole de Management is a member of the Executive DBA Council.