The DBA Profile
Recruitment for this doctoral business program is on a worldwide basis. Our doctorate in business students come from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. Students may have experience in various areas of study such as the sciences, humanities, technical, and engineering fields.
Applicants have usually attained a high level of professional achievement and are either managers and executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified instructors who work in business schools.
A Word from the Academic Director:
Participants are invited to attend an introductory workshop at our home campus in Grenoble, France. All other workshops will be held mostly online for the convenience of busy executives with a workshop mid-program in Paris or Los Angeles.
*Program content and dates subject to change
**Workshops may be adapted to a hybrid structure (offered both in-person and live online) depending on global travel conditions
**Seminar 1: Introduction & Welcome
November 15-19, 2021 - GRENOBLE
Online Workshop 1: Implementing the Research Proposal
January 17, 2022 - ONLINE
**Seminar 2: Research Design & Literature Review
March 18-20, 2022 - LOS ANGELES
**Seminar 3: Research Methods (Qualitative or Quantitative)
October 10-14, 2022 - PARIS
Online Workshop 2: Preparing the Dissertation Proposal
December 5, 2022 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 3: Preparing the Dissertation Proposal Defense
February 20, 2023 - ONLINE
Seminar 4: Advanced Research Methods (Qualitative or Quantitative)
March 10-12, 2023 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 4: The Road to Final Defense
April 3, 2023 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 5: Academic Writing Skills
July 10, 2023 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 6: Theoretical Contribution & Impact
October 9, 2023 – 5pm - ONLINE
Online Workshop 7: Managerial Contribution & Impact
February 12, 2024 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 8: Communicating your Research
June 24, 2024 - ONLINE
Your DBA Supervisor
Each DBA candidate is assigned a research-active professor from Grenoble Ecole de Management or a partner institution. Our Faculty provides a wide range of expertise and an international reputation in research on business innovation, technology management, and the organizational dimensions of technological change. The supervisor helps the student define and carry out a DBA research project until his or her final thesis defense.
Faculty who supervise doctoral students at Grenoble Ecole de Management have the opportunity to work with candidates who have met our demanding selection criteria. These students are often given privileged access to top-tier research in the fields of business and organizations, which provides them exciting opportunities for high-impact, novel research and joint publications.
Learn more about our faculty:
- Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's degree.
- All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English.
- GMAT or other English tests are not requested, however, English abilities will be evaluated by the Program Director during the interview.
Acceptance to the Program
- Acceptance will be based on a preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received.
- Final decision will be made by an Admissions Board.
Required Application Documents
- Research manifesto (template available on the online application or download here). Present your research proposal and your motivations to join the program.
- Updated CV
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts
- 2 references (when possible 1 academic/1 business referee). Download reference form here.
Rolling Application Deadlines*
- March 16, 2021
- April 29, 2021
- June 3, 2021
- July 8, 2021
- September 2, 2021
- September 30, 2021
*Notification and acceptance packages are generally sent about two weeks after each deadline.
|Year 1*||$20,000 USD|
|Year 2*||$20,000 USD|
|Year 3*||$20,000 USD|
*A deposit of 50% of the (first year) tuition fee must be paid upon registration.
In addition to these fees, students are responsible for all travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs required to attend the program workshops.
Additional fees apply to 4+ years.
- Merit & Topic-based scholarships: available for early applicants upon request, profile pending. Priority given to early applicants. Scholarship essay must be sent along with application. Offer applies to first 3 rounds of deadlines and will not be extended past July 8. Contact us for details.
- Alumni scholarship: If you are GEM alumni (BIB, MSc, PGE, MIB, MBA), we offer a special discount on the DBA tuition fees.
- GI Bill Veterans Affairs for American students: GI Bill benefits help you pay for graduate school, and training programs. Since 1944, the GI Bill has helped qualifying Veterans and their family members get money to cover all or some of the costs for school or training. Open only to American veteran students and/or family members of veterans. https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/
More on the Woodbury campus (Los Angeles, California)