Join our 3-year part-time, executive DBA program and make an impact through applied research.
With strategic locations in both France and California, the program is adapted to the busy lives of professionals and academics.
Our international DBA program focuses on high-quality research that bridges the gap between business and academia.
Designed for executives and professionals seeking to excel in applied research, this program offers participants the support necessary to publish scholarship that impacts business and society.
Participating in a world-class DBA program also opens new doors for professionals seeking to transition towards academic careers.
Come share with us your passion for solving real-world challenges.
The DBA Profile
Recruitment for this doctoral business program is on a worldwide basis. Our doctorate in business students come from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. Students may have experience in various areas of study such as the sciences, humanities, technical, and engineering fields.
Applicants have usually attained a high level of professional achievement and are either managers and executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified instructors who work in business schools.
3-years, part-time, flexible with both online and on-site seminars, conferences, qualifying examinations and a final dissertation
Participants are invited to attend an introductory workshop at our home campus in Grenoble, France. All other workshops will be held mostly online for the convenience of busy executives with a workshop mid-program in Los Angeles. This part-time, online, executive doctoral program can be completed while working.
Excellence in Research:
In addition to our triple accreditation (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS), the DBA is an AACSB-recognized terminal degree for future faculty. With more than 1,400 intellectual contributions to business practices, our DBA alumni have created a significant impact in numerous fields.
A Global Community of Scholars:
With DBA locations in France and the USA, Grenoble Ecole de Management continues to build an active international network that includes more than 500 DBA alumni.
A Program Made for Executives by Executives:
The DBA program is organized into seminars, conferences and research activities taking place mostly online. Coursework and content is delivered according to a part-time schedule that meets the needs and constraints of working professionals.
Dedicated Services for DBA Students:
- Statistical and specialized software
- Extensive e-library services
- Business and social sciences databases
- Online scholarly and professional journals
Faculty & Supervision
Our international faculty is comprised of industry experts and is strongly engaged in producing world-class research.
Benefit from the support of an experienced, research-active supervisor from Day 1 of the program.
A Word from the Academic Director:
Learn more about our faculty:
Training Seminars & Workshops
Participants are invited to attend an introductory workshop at our home campus in Grenoble, France. All other workshops will be held mostly online for the convenience of busy executives with a workshop mid-program in Paris or Los Angeles.
(See dropdown menu for schedule)
*Program content and dates subject to change
**Workshops may be adapted to a hybrid structure (offered both in-person and live online) depending on global travel conditions
**Seminar 1: Introduction & Welcome
November 14-18, 2022 - GRENOBLE, FRANCE
Online Workshop 1: Implementing the Research Proposal
January 16, 2023 - ONLINE
Research Proposal Submission
March 1, 2023 - ONLINE
**Seminar 2: Research Design & Literature Review
March 17-19, 2023 - LOS ANGELES, USA
**Seminar 3: Research Methods (Qualitative or Quantitative)
October 9-13, 2023 - PARIS, FRANCE
Online Workshop 2: Prepare Dissertation Proposal
December 4, 2023 - ONLINE
Dissertation Proposal Submission
February 1, 2024 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 3: Preparing Dissertation Proposal Defense
February 19, 2024 - ONLINE
Dissertation Proposal Defense
March 7, 2024 - ONLINE
Seminar 4: Advanced Research Methods (Qualitative or Quantitative)
March 8-10, 2024 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 4: The Road to Final Defence
April 1, 2024 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 5: Academic writing skills
July 8, 2024 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 6: Theoretical Contribution & Impact
October 7, 2024 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 7: Managerial Contribution & Impact
February 10, 2025 - ONLINE
Online Workshop 8: Communicating your Research
June 23, 2025 - ONLINE
Dissertation Submission (with greenlight from supervisor)
October 31, 2025
- Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's degree.
- All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English.
- GMAT or other English tests are not requested, however, English abilities will be evaluated by the Program Director during the interview.
Acceptance to the Program
- Acceptance will be based on a preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received.
- Final decision will be made by an Admissions Board.
Please use our application system to provide your complete information.
Required Application Documents
- Research & Motivation Statement: present your research proposal and your motivations to join the program.
- Updated CV
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts
- 2 references (when possible 1 academic/1 business referee). Reference are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research & Motivation Statement/application essay (download or access via application system)
- Reference form (download or access via application system)
- Program info & application guidelines
Rolling Application Deadlines*
Session 1: March 31, 2022
Session 2: June 30, 2022
Session 3: September 8, 2022
*Notification and acceptance packages are generally sent about two weeks after each deadline.
Applications may be reviewed between sessions upon request and at the disposition of the review board.
Program Start Date: November 14, 2022
(please note that the DBA has one intake per year)
|Year 1*||$20,000 USD|
|Year 2*||$20,000 USD|
|Year 3*||$20,000 USD|
*A deposit of 50% of the (first year) tuition fee must be paid upon registration.
In addition to these fees, students are responsible for all travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs required to attend the program workshops.
Additional fees apply to 4+ years
The DBA is a self-financed program. The tuition fees are divided into yearly payments for your convenience. We are a part-time program and do not offer full scholarships.
Talking to Your Employer about Sponsorship
For many students, obtaining sponsorship from their organization is an option. Discuss with your employer how your enhanced skills and project goals could align with your company’s objectives.
- Excellence & Topic-based scholarships: available for early applicants upon request, profile pending. Priority given to early applicants. Scholarship essay must be sent along with application. Offer applies to first 2 rounds of deadlines and will not be extended past June 30. Contact us for details.
- Alumni scholarship: If you are GEM alumni (BIB, MSc, PGE, MIB, MBA), we offer a special discount on the DBA tuition fees.
- GI Bill Veterans Affairs for American students: GI Bill benefits help you pay for graduate school, and training programs. Since 1944, the GI Bill has helped qualifying Veterans and their family members get money to cover all or some of the costs for school or training. Open only to American veteran students and/or family members of veterans. https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/
Please note that the DBA is a part-time program. Student visas are not required nor can we assist you with issuing a student visa. If you require a travel visa to attend the first seminar, please apply early.
More on the Woodbury campus (Los Angeles, California)