Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) offers a Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) based entirely in France. DBA candidates have the opportunity to earn their degree in France and visit the Grenoble campus for each training workshop.
Who are we looking for?
This program was created for English speaking executives who wish to study in France.
Applicants come from a wide variety of countries and have different career backgrounds (sciences, humanities, technical and engineering fields, professionally qualified teachers in business schools, etc.).
A master's level degree and a high level of professional achievement are prerequisites for this program. A minimum of five years of professional experience is required.
WS1 Starting the DBA – Fundamentals in applied research (including research proposals presentation)
October 12-16, 2020 - ONLINE
WS2 Research Design and Literature Review + Qualitative Research 1 : Data Collection
May 31 - June 4, 2021 - Grenoble
WS3 Quantitative Research 1 : Data Collection & Experimental Design + Qualitative Research 2 : Data Analysis + (including Literature review presentation)
Feb 28 - March 4, 2022 - Grenoble
WS4 Quantitative Research 2 : Data Analysis (including Stage 1 Assessment on Monday)
Nov 29 - Dec 2, 2022 - Grenoble
ARS Qualitative or Quantitative Research 3 : Advanced Data Analysis
3 days March 2023 - Grenoble
Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's.
All DBA workshops are conducted in English. Therefore, we require advanced proficiency in English from our candidates.
Required Application Documents
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed and signed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas officially translated to English or French
- A Statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his or her motivations and how this is coherent with their long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives indications of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
Acceptance to the program will be based on the following
- A preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received
- Final decision will be made by an Admissions Board
- April 2, 2020
- May 14, 2020
- June 25, 2020
- September 10, 2020
04 76 70 64 47
Doctoral School - Grenoble Ecole de Management
12 rue Pierre Sémard
38000 Grenoble - France
Tuition fees for Part-time DBA Program 2020-2021
|Year 1||€ 17,000|
|Year 2||€ 17,000|
|Year 3||€ 13,000|
|Year 4||€ 13,000|
|Additional year(s)||€ 13,000|
(*) A deposit of one-third of tuition must be paid upon registration. In addition to these fees, students are responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation and subsistence incurred in attending the workshops.
Grenoble Ecole de Management is a member of the Executive DBA Council.