At every stage, Grenoble Ecole de Management offers students with disabilities, solutions to facilitate their access to the school, their studies and their professional integration.
Access: GEM – a welcoming place for people with disabilities
Getting into GEM
In order to overcome the barriers that prevent people from continuing onto higher education and to promote equal opportunities when it comes to getting into the Grandes Ecoles, Grenoble Ecole de Management offers different access routes adapted to candidates with disabilities.
- The Post-Bac Diversity and Disability Entrance Exam (Le Concours Post-Bac Diversité Handicap) is for all students in their last year of high school who require special adjustments.
- Support for students participating in the incubator program.
- Promotional campaigns in high schools and colleges
- In the heart of Grenoble, the 2nd most accessible city in Europe, the buildings are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Support for teachers to create accessible digital course content
- Student-to-student tutorials to facilitate access to courses, note-taking, and use of GEM online platforms.
Studying: GEM – a place to develop your potential
Students living with a disability, whether it be permanent or temporary, can benefit from personalized support, no matter the disability. A dedicated Disability Advisor is there to help them in their daily life and to support them throughout their studies. This support is available in different forms:
Adjustments for studying and assessments
- Logistical adjustments
- Physical adjustments
- Adjustments regarding other people
- Organizational adjustments
Schemes for financing studies
- Academic bursaries or funding for student projects
Schemes for academic support
- Funding for adapted equipment (IT equipment, software, workstations)
- Student projects including assistance with going abroad
Support for professional integration
- Establishing contact with companies (CVs, Forums, interviews)
- Coaching to prepare for professional life
- Applying for disabled worker status (in France: RQTH)
Transformation: GEM – a place to change views and practices
Raising disability awareness among future managers
- Management and Disability Certificate
- Support for student project management. In the Tous Hanscène competition, GEM won 1st prize in the 'day-to-day life' category in 2019 and 3rd prize in the 'mobilization' category. GEM also participated in the Challenge Solitudiant.
Raising awareness among teachers and employees
- Awareness workshops and conferences to expand our knowledge and understanding of disabilities.
Key figures on disability at GEM:
- 255 students have been admitted to GEM by taking the Post-Bac Disability Entrance Exam since it was first introduced.
- 60 students with a disability receive support each year
How can you benefit from this support? As soon as you arrive at GEM, you can make an appointment with Alice Bodin, your Disability Advisor, and download your application form on the student portal.