Marketing is changing and we will equip you, as New Marketing Professionals, to meet the highest standards of successful organizations. You will be capable of understanding the demands of business and translating these needs into up-to-date marketing programs that build long-term customer relationships and generate long-term growth.
Why Choose this Program?
- Acquire the ability to make sound operational marketing decisions at a managerial level.
- Gain the skills and knowledge needed to support marketing activity in an international environment.
- Learn from experienced marketing professionals and academic experts alike.
- Network with top companies to explore new career opportunities.
- Earn your degree from a triple-accredited institution.
A Word from the Program Director
“The courses in this curriculum will equip you to take your current interest in Marketing to the level of competence needed to help you launch a successful global career in this rapidly changing and demanding profession! With our faculty of international marketers, business executives and academics and with participation by leading companies who are experts in best practices for marketing and managing, you will develop your skills across a wide scope of marketing and businessrelated topics. We look forward to welcoming you to this challenging and rewarding program.” - Jovana Stanisljevic
This program is designed around core competencies you will need in developing a successful career in marketing; it covers 4 major areas: digital marketing, strategic management, marketing management and core business skills in 17 courses. Specific areas such as research, consumer behavior, and customer relationship management are also covered.
Course content places emphasis on current trends in marketing, as well as key issues that marketing professionals face.
The program combines academic theory and a practical approach through case studies and real live examples to provide a hands-on approach.
The continual development of critical thinking and analytical skills enables graduates to make sound strategic marketing decisions at managerial level in an international environment. The MSc Marketing Management also focuses on soft skills such as presentation techniques and intercultural communication - indispensable assets for effective management in multicultural environments.
The first year of the program is a full-time year in Grenoble or Berlin.
The program covers four key areas of study for Marketers, each of the 17 modules follow a logical connection to the one before.
Year 1 - Campus Year
Introduction & Integration Week
- Teambuilding event - meet your colleagues, find out how you will work
Academic Writing and Presentation Skills
Case-Based Group Learning
Moodle e-learning platform
Library and Computing Services
Networking, Career and Alumni Associations
Excel Skills Training & Examinations
- Fundamentals of Digital – strategy, planning & channels
- Strategic Marketing and Planning
Marketing Psychology and Consumer Behavior
Brand Management and Product Development
Qualitative and Quantitative Market Research
- Innovation through Design
Marketing Metrics and Pricing Policy
Customer Relationship Management
Core Business Skills
- Corporate Finance
- Integrative Case Study
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
- Teambuilding event - meet your colleagues, find out how you will work
Year 2 - Final Management Project
At the end of the one-academic-year full-time part of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 15,000 words in length, under the guidance of a tutor. This is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. To successfully complete the Final Management Project, students are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in their chosen field of their study. This will be business oriented and coherent with the program's objectives. A student may choose to write their project on a topic grounded in their internship experience.
Integrative Marketing Case Study
Using an existing business, the Live Business Case will provide the students with the opportunity to reflect on and integrate all aspects of the taught program. Students will analyze a specific marketing problem in the company and use their skills and knowledge to contextualize issues and propose solutions. This takes place in small groups and in a limited time. Assessment for the case study will be based on a group assignment with a group presentation to the Company.
The program is taught in English but provides the possibility to learn a foreign language at the same time. No prior knowledge of French is required to attend the program. Learning a foreign language is a recommended (but not compulsory) program option for all students who are looking to work internationally. Non-French speakers have the option of studying French (beginner to advanced level), while French speakers may choose from a number of other languages at the beginner level.
Classes are taught by GEM faculty, visiting professors from top universities worldwide, and top business professionals. Most of the permanent faculty is engaged in applied research. Their teaching links theory to practice through authentic business cases. Their diverse cultural and international background gives a strong international dimension to the program.
View all Faculty
Employment within 4 months: 90%
Job with international projects: 77%
Annual salary with bonus after graduation: <40k€ 50% | 40k€ à 50k€ 33% | >50k€ 17%
*Based on 2018 graduates
- Marketing Executive
- Product Manager
- Brand Manager
- Sales Promotion Account Executive
- PR Account Executive
- Marketing Manager
Digital & Advertising
- Chief Digital Marketing Officer (CDMO)
- Social Media Manager
- Account Manager
- Content Manager
- Media Buyer
- Media Planner
- Market Researcher
- Research Executive
- Senior Researcher
Retailing, Logistics & Sales
- Retail Buyer
- Retail Merchandiser
- Customer Service Manager
- Retail Manager
- Sales Executive
- Sales Manager
- Logistics Executive
- Logistics and Distribution Manager
British American Tobacco
Schneider Electric SAS
Siemens Transmission & Distribution
Warner Home Video
Xerox Research Center Europe
Interns put their marketing knowledge into practice not only in marketing departments but also in sales, B2B, exports, and press and advertising.
This program is suitable for graduates from a wide range of disciplines. Prospective students should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the motivation to pursue an international career.
Experienced managers already working in marketing positions will also benefit from this program by acquiring a formal qualification and training in the theory and concepts needed to advance their marketing careers.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject with a good grade average.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- The GMAT is not required for this program.
- Fluency in English - see test requirements below.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application form and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 references (professional and academic). Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- OR IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- OR Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A,B,C
- OR Pearson Test of English (PTE): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Please note: English test scores must be communicated by the beginning of July for September programs.
Please also note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure GEM is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult our rolling admissions deadlines.
Student Program Fees
Grenoble campus: 19,450 Euros for 2 years*
Please refer to our partner campus in Berlin for off-site tuition fees and scholarships.
*Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
- Fees cover tuition, project supervision, and access to GEM facilities.
- Program fees do not cover accommodation, meals, insurance, visa, and personal expenses.
- Students are required to pay an additional 250€ in student services and administrative fees in Year 1 and a further 250€ for student card renewal in Year 2.
Please read the policy concerning the refund of tuition fees.
Financial Aid / Scholarships
All academic qualifications, including those earned at GEM, are recognized at the discretion of each country or university. Students seeking admission to a further course of study or who wish to work in specific country after their GEM program may need to have their GEM degree certified through a process specified by the receiving authority.
Visa requirements may apply to International Students in order to study or work in France. All international students are expected to verify requirements with their local French consulate and plan accordingly. Grenoble Ecole de Management has no influence over this process.