The mission of the MSc Management in International Business program is to provide employers worldwide with intercultural aware graduates who have developed key skills and competencies in international business and management.
Join a postgraduate program with a truly international perspective, dealing with the opportunities and challenges of the global organizational environment.
The MSc Management in International Business:
- is internationally recognized through the most prestigious higher education Quality Assurance bodies, AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS.
- is highly ranked by the Financial Times, The Economist and the QS Global University Rankings within their Masters in Management categories.
- provides global employers with graduates who have gained high levels of knowledge and skills that make them highly attractive to potential employers.
Why Choose the MSc MIB Program?
- Receive a high-quality education in an internationally-renowned program (top-ranked in the Financial Times and The Economist).
- Learn about international business through hands on innovative sessions with both group and individual assignments allowing you to test your leadership and team building skills.
- Study in a truly multicultural environment with students from over 50 nationalities.
- Enhance business and employment opportunities by choosing to study on one of four strategically-located campuses around the world.
- Earn your globally-recognized degree from a triple-accredited institution.
A Word from the Program Director
"The MSc Management in International Business (MSc MIB) program is a convergent degree program welcoming students from over 50 nationalities. The curriculum for the MSc MIB program is very intensive and students are trained by a pool of internationally acclaimed academics and professional experts who help them develop skills and knowledge required for successful global careers. The MSc MIB program is a solid launching pad for your global careers in every sector of business. We hope to welcome you as part of this unique, dynamic and enriching experience.” - Celine Foss
The MSc MIB is a high-quality comprehensive program of business administration subjects, studied from an international perspective.
The program focuses on the knowledge required by managers in different sectors to work in international companies and environments. It is a strong generalist program that integrates all the core management courses and uses cross-functional approaches to apply these key fields while providing students with an international specialization. Foreign language skills are essential in business today. The program is taught in English. No prior knowledge of French is required to attend the program. Students are required to study a second language during the first year of the program.
Introduction and Integration Session:
- Academic Writing and Presentation Skills
- Case-Based Group Learning
- Introduction to IT and Online Library and Learning Platforms
- Excel Skills Training
- Social and Icebreaking Event
- International Negotiation
- The Legal Environment of International Business
- Global Business Operations – The Serious Game
Strategy and Operations
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- International Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Global Marketing Management
- Business Analytics Management
- Managing People in a Global Context
- Integrative Entrepreneurship & Consulting Project
Managing Technology and Innovation
- Managing Technology and Innovation
- Information Systems for Digital Business
Finance and Economics
- Managerial Economics
- Corporate Finance
- International Financial Risk Management
- Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Budgeting and Controlling
Business Research and Analysis
- Research Methods for Managers
- Quantitative Methods for Business Research
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
At the end of the one-academic-year full-time part of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 15,000 words in length, under the guidance of a tutor. This is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. To successfully complete the Final Management Project, students are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in their chosen field of their study. This will be business oriented and coherent with the program's objectives. A student may choose to write their project on a topic grounded in their internship experience.
Learning a foreign language is required for all students. Non-French speakers have the option of studying French (beginner to advanced level), a recommended option for students looking to work in France following their studies. French speakers may choose from a number of other languages at the beginner level.
Personal and Professional Development Workshops
In addition to the core courses, students have the opportunity to attend personal and professional development workshops led by professionals, industry and subject matter experts. These will strengthen the employability profiles of graduates to help them achieve their career goals. Students will also have access to individual counselling sessions, interaction with corporate partners and online resources with jobs and internship opportunities as well as access to specific in house sectorial career focused communities.
Classes are taught by GEM faculty, visiting professors from top universities worldwide, and top business professionals. Most of the permanent faculty are engaged in applied research, with teaching linking theory to practice through business cases. Their diverse cultural and international background lends a strong international dimension to the program.
View all Faculty
AMBA Accredited Program; French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation Recognition; VISA Bac + 5; Level 7 - EQF
Higher education in France is divided between Grandes Ecoles and public universities. GEM is a Grande Ecole which is recognised and accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles (CGE) and as such has degree awarding powers. The CGE is an official association which encompasses the Grandes Ecoles, engineering schools, architecture, design and public administration institutions which are recognized by the French state.
The Grande Ecoles are widely recognized by industry in France and GEM is amongst the top 10 business schools in the leading French rankings (le Point, le Figaro Etudiant, …), holding 6th place in 2019.
GEM also holds triple accreditation by EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA. These three accreditations are international recognitions of the quality of the organization, its programs and the degrees it delivers.
Our Masters programs are equivalent to a level 7 degree on the European Qualifications Framework and are in compliance with the Bologna Agreement for a master’s degree, comprised of 120 ECTS credits.
MSc MIB graduates are also awarded the degree certificate “Manager d’Affaires Internationales”. This provides international recognition through the Visa de l’Etat from the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. For students planning to work in France following their studies, this recognition presents a competitive advantage.
French Ministry of National Education Recognition
Malou Samuelsson, Sweden,
MSc MIB 2019 Graduate, Digital Marketing Strategist at Google
Employment within 4 months: 86%
Job with international projects: 90%
Annual salary with bonus after graduation: <35k€: 36% | 35k€ - 50k€: 43% | >50k€: 21%
* Based on 2019 graduates
Graduates from the MSc MIB program hold many different positions in a variety of sectors all over the world: human relations, marketing, banking, public relations, general management and consulting.
CG (Boston Consulting Group)
Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young
Price Waterhouse Coopers
Procter & Gamble
Saint Laurent (YSL)
Work in France
After passing their degree in France, students may apply for a residence permit which allows graduates to work for a year in France. The permit is called a “Recherche d’emploi ou Création d’entreprise” residence permit. For more details, you may consult the relevant Campus France or the Ministry of Interior webpages.
This postgraduate MSc program is designed for young graduates from any field with no or limited prior work experience. Candidates should not have more than 3 years post-graduation work experience.
Recruitment for this program is on a worldwide basis. Students come from a wide variety of backgrounds: science, humanities, languages, technical and engineering.
The average age of the participants is around 23 years old. There are at least 40 different nationalities every year on the MSc MIB program and there are usually over 79 countries represented in total on the different programs at Grenoble Ecole de Management.
- Bachelor-level, undergraduate degree in any subject with good grade average.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- Fluency in English (see test requirements below).
- GMAT is not required for this program.
Please note that it is possible to submit your application prior to providing us with your test results and/or your final transcripts/ degree certificate.
If the rest of your application meets our standards we can then make you a conditional offer of a place on the program. These conditions will be lifted once you have obtained and sent us the required documentation.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application form and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of undergraduate degree equivalent to minimum 180 ECTS or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 academic references. Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Proof of fluency in English:
- TOEFL IBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in all bands). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS Academic/IELTS Indicator: 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in all bands)
- Cambridge English (Proficiency/Advanced/Business Higher) level C1: Grade A,B or C
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE-A): 63 (minimum of 59 in all bands)
- Duolingo: 110 (minimum of 90 in all bands)
- English test waiver may be granted if Bachelor’s degree was fully taught through the medium of English (official proof required)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL
- Please note: English test scores must be communicated to GEM by the beginning of July for September programs.
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure Grenoble Ecole de Management is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
Student Program Fees
Grenoble and Paris campuses: €20,850 for full 2-year program*
*Fees include an annual €250 student service and administrative fee calculated for the 2-year program. Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
- Fees cover tuition, project supervision, and access to GEM facilities.
- Program fees do not cover accommodation, meals, insurance, visa, and personal expenses.
Please read the policy concerning the refund of tuition fees.
Financial Aid / Scholarships
All academic qualifications, including those earned at GEM, are recognized at the discretion of each country or university. Students seeking admission to a further course of study or who wish to work in specific country after their GEM program may need to have their GEM degree certified through a process specified by the receiving authority.
Visa requirements may apply to International Students in order to study or work in France. All international students are expected to verify requirements with their local French consulate and plan accordingly. Grenoble Ecole de Management has no influence over this process.