This unique program brings together the expertise of two leading Business Schools: Grenoble Ecole de Management for Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship and Hong Kong Baptist University, School of Business for Global Marketing.
Students will have the advantage of earning a joint award degree from two triple accredited institutions.
Its objective is to provide a multidisciplinary learning approach to Entrepreneurship and Marketing. The program encourages students to think both creatively and globally whilst developing professional and personal skills in these highly sought-after fields of expertise.
Provide students with entrepreneurial knowledge and skills for handling complex, dynamic and global business issues encountered by an organization.
Develop students' understanding of marketing theories and practices to enable them to build and critically evaluate strategies that meet the business challenges of globalisation.
Develop students' innovative thinking to address issues and problems arising in an organization and in the social environment.
Provide students with a unique international learning opportunity to experience high quality education delivered by two research-led Business Schools across Europe and Asia, where they will interact with faculty and students from different cultures.
- Receive Venture Capital Funding to found your own company.
- At the end of the program you will have the chance to pitch your business idea to Angel Investors.
- Experience entrepreneurship in two continents. First semester in Grenoble, the Silicon Valley of France, and the second semester in Hong Kong, a door to Asian markets and culture.
- Study a pioneering MSc program and earn a unique joint award degree in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing.
- Gain the entrepreneurial knowledge, mindset and tools to evaluate and drive business opportunities.
Pitch your project and the end of the program to investors for seed funding.
If you aim to create your own company, this program will equip you to develop the necessary knowledge and network to make it happen.
If you decide to create your own business, you will have the possibility to pitch to investors at the end of the program and materialize your idea. Venture Capitalists will provide seed funding to winning projects for amounts ranging from HK$ 250,000 to HK$ 1,000,000 depending on the potential of the project as judged by the investors.
In addition, GEM and HKBU will contribute with HK$ 50,000 to the creation of one project selected as having great potential.
Legal disclaimer: This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (Reference No. 472820/472821). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
The program requires regular attendance for 15 months. Students will spend the first semester at Grenoble Ecole de Management and the second semester at Hong Kong Baptist University, School of Business (HKBU). Classes are taught by GEM and HKBU faculty, local faculty, visiting professors from top universities worldwide, and leading business professionals. Their teaching links theory to practice through authentic business cases. Their diverse cultural and international backgrounds lend a strong international dimension to the program.
Semester One (Sept-Dec) in Grenoble
- Startup Creation Process and Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Entrepreneurship and Business Opportunities
- New Venture Business Planning, Small and Family Business
- Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Planning
- Advanced Effective Sales Negotiation & Intercultural Communication
Semester Two (Jan-May) in Hong Kong
- Corporate Entrepreneurship and Business Development
- Leadership & Team Building for Entrepreneurs
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Socially Responsible Entrepreneurship in an International Context
- Global Marketing
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
After completion of the taught courses of the program, students are required to complete a Business Project of approximately 20,000 words in length, under the guidance from both HKBU and GEM faculty members. To successfully complete the Business Project, students are required to develop either a new business proposal (startup business option), or to address a particular academic research question approved by the supervisors (academic dissertation option).
The program is taught in English but provides the possibility to learn a foreign language at the same time. No prior knowledge of French is required to attend the program. Learning a foreign language is a recommended (but not compulsory) program option for all students who are looking to work internationally. Non-French speakers have the option of studying French (beginner to advanced level), while French speakers may choose from a number of other languages at the beginner level.
Personal and Professional Development Workshops
In addition to the core courses, students have the opportunity to attend personal and professional development workshops led by professionals, industry and subject matter experts. These will strengthen the employability profiles of graduates to help them achieve their career goals. Students will also have access to individual counselling sessions, interaction with corporate partners and online resources with jobs and internship opportunities as well as access to specific in house sectorial career focused communities.
The program is designed for students who seek graduate education to advance into managerial and leadership roles or to start an entrepreneurial career.
In addition to starting a new business, the MSc in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing also aims to prepare students for careers as Project Managers, Business Developers, R&D Managers, and any managers operating in e-business and high-tech industries.
Opportunity to Work in Hong Kong
Non-Hong Kong graduates of the programme can apply to stay and work in Hong Kong for 12 months after graduation, no matter they have been secured an offer of employment or not.
The MSc in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing welcomes recent graduates in any discipline or entrepreneurs who are willing to develop and manage innovation and business opportunities.
Prior work experience is not required. Successful applicants should normally have a GPA of 3.0 or above, but applicants with a GPAs of 2.4-3.0 will also be considered on the basis of merits other than academic achievement.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree or equivalent with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in any subject.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- The GMAT is not required for this program.
- Fluency in English - see test requirements below.
Please note that it is possible to submit your application prior to providing us with your test results and/or your final transcripts/ degree certificate.
If the rest of your application meets our standards we can then make you a conditional offer of a place on the program. These conditions will be lifted once you have obtained and sent us the required documentation.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application form and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 references (professional and academic). Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- OR IELTS Academic: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- OR Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A,B,C
- ORPearson Test of English Academic (PTE-A): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Please note English test scores must be communicated to GEM by the beginning of July for September programs.
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure GEM is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult our rolling admissions deadlines.
Student Program Fees
MSc Entrepreneurship & Global Marketing
Grenoble and Hong Kong campuses: 28,300 Euros for 15 months partially payable in HKD*
*Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement. Please note that tuition fees for this program will be partially payable in HK dollars.
- Program fees do not cover accommodation, meals, insurance, visa, and personal expenses.
- Students are required to pay an additional 250€ in student services and administrative fees in Year 1 and a further 250€ for student card renewal in Year 2.
Please read the policy concerning the refund of tuition fees paid to GEM.
Financial Aid / Scholarships
- Scholarships descriptions and application guidelines.
- GEM Scholarships available for MSc Entrepreneurship & Global Marketing program.
All academic qualifications, including those earned at GEM, are recognized at the discretion of each country or university. Students seeking admission to a further course of study or who wish to work in specific country after their GEM program may need to have their GEM degree certified through a process specified by the receiving authority.
Visa requirements may apply to International Students in order to study or work in France. All international students are expected to verify requirements with their local French consulate and plan accordingly. Grenoble Ecole de Management has no influence over this process.