One academic year (on campus) + Final Management Project (12 months)
Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject. Fluency in English. At least three years of full-time work experience
Master (120 ECTS credits). (French : Titre de niveau I Manager International, enregistré au Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles (RNCP) – Fiche 14524)
Full program fees
Sep. 03 2018 - Intake
Teaching location: Glion
This unique dual-degree program in partnership with Glion Institute of Higher Education (GIHE) allows students to obtain an MBA and Master's of Science (MSc) in International Hospitality Business.
This unique dual-degree master's program combines an intensive practical curriculum with a focus on contemporary management challenges and key operational concepts. It prepares students to be holistic managers with a global view of business and strategies to stimulate managerial and entrepreneurial initiative.
Designed to enhance career progression, this program prepares graduates to think critically and strategically to adapt to the changing global environment.
Balanced Skills and Knowledge
This dual -degree program strengthens both “hard” and “soft” management skills. Plus, you can tailor your education to your professional goals with a wide selection of elective courses.
Accelerated Career Development
Through dedicated workshops, you will learn strategies and methods to advance your career using the latest technology. Additionally, you will complete an extensive management project of a high professional standard to buffer your CV and portfolio.
Studying full time, you will be immersed in a world of five-star hospitality and academic rigor as you evolve among the GEM and GIHE faculty members who are leading experts in their fields.
Courses delivered by Grenoble Ecole de Management faculty on the Glion campus:
- International Marketing
- Accounting and Auditing
- Managerial Accounting
- Innovation Management
- Operations Management
- Sustainability and CSR
- Intercultural Management
- Corporate Finance
- Global Business and Macroeconomics
- Managerial Economics
- International Negotiations
Courses delivered by Grenoble Ecole de Management faculty on the Glion campus:
- Business Law
- Strategic Management
- Risk Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Digital Transformation
- Quantitative Methods
- Organizations and Change Management
- Integrative Case Study
Hospitality Management courses delivered by the Glion Institute of Higher Education faculty:
- Advanced Hotel Operations
- Hospitality Revenue Management and Distribution Strategies
- Hotel Development and Valuations
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
Final Management Project and Hospitality Capstone Project:
Conducted under the supervision of a tutor, this is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. Students are encouraged to choose a subject related to their future career.
Specialization online courses delivered by GIHE faculty:
- Hotel Demand Management
- Plus, one of the following courses:
- Hotel Asset Management
- Hospitality Luxury Brand Management
Employment within 2 months (2016) : Full Time: 75% | Part Time: 80%
Jobs with international projects: Full Time: 87% | Part Time: 82%
Annual salary with bonus after graduation: Full-Time: >50 k€ : 100%; Part-Time: <50k€: 50% | >50k€: 50%
Top Employers of our MBA Graduates
- Delphi Automotive Systems
- Deutsche Bank
- Ernst & Young
- Procter & Gamble
- Radisson Hotels & Resorts
- Schneider Electric
- 75% of graduates find a job within 2 months after graduation
- 98% of graduates express high job satisfaction
- 87% of graduates work internationally
- 67% manage a team
I chose GEM's MBA program mainly because of its top ranking in Europe and in the World and due to its great reputation in the Middle East (I come from the Land of the Cedars, Lebanon). After reading more about the school and the program, I realized that it fitted in perfectly with my career aims because the program is not only theoretical, but also highly applied in content, with professors/consultants coming from a wide range of industries and students coming from all over the world.
After finishing my MBA, I took the role of Lead Product Manager in the biggest digital industrial company of the world, General Electric.
Today, I work in the Healthcare division of GE, based in Paris, and manage a wide range of Radiology IT products all over Europe, Middle East and Africa. Coming from a technical background (previously electrical engineer), the MBA program has given me an extensive assortment of skills ranging from finance and economics, to negotiations, innovation management and intercultural management in order to get the job and excel in my current responsibilities.
Georges Al Mouakar
MBA candidates are experienced professionals from diverse sectors who display a high level of maturity and intellectual curiosity. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, and should be open to cultural diversity. Special attention will be paid to a candidate's motivation for an international career.
- A Bachelor-level, undergraduate degree in any subject
- At least three years of significant full-time work experience
- Fluency in English - see test requirements below
- GMAT may be required on a case-by-case basis. You will be notified after the Admissions Board meets if you are required to take the GMAT. Target score is 550 with a minimum of 70% in the quantitative section (GMAT institution code 0365).
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 professional references. Colleagues or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A,B,C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Please note English test scores must be communicated to GEM/GGSB by the beginning of July for September programs and by the beginning of November for January programs.
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure GEM/GGSB is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
Note: All academic qualifications, including those earned at Grenoble Ecole de Management , are recognized at the discretion of each country or university. Students seeking admission to a further course of study or who wish to work in another country after their Grenoble Ecole de Management program may need to have their GEM degree certified through a process specified by the receiving authority. Before starting a GEM program, students who know that they want to work or study in another country or university are advised to verify whether their intended GEM degree will be recognized.