PROGRAM DURATION & FORMAT
15 months part-time. Course format alternates classroom study with work experience.
July, 2023 : MOOC "New Energy Technologies"
September, 2023 - Intake
Courses are taught for 60% in French and 40% in English.
* Contact Recruitment Officer for details.
Master or Bachelor’s degree (with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience). The admission committee can waive these requirements on a case-by-case basis in special circumstances*.
Certification "Manager d’affaires dans l'énergie et la transition énergétique" registered in the French Professional Certificates Index (RNCP) under n°36229. This certification also benefits from the Label granted by the French Conférence des Grandes Ecoles. Advanced Master (Mastère Spécialisé)
17,900 euros net of taxes
This part-time program trains participants to become specialists in the energy transition sector (from equipment manufactors to utilities and major energy users).
The successful completion of the program provides diploma holders opportunities in business development and marketing, strategic analysis, or energy transition project management. Energy transition management and marketing requires a solid background in economics and technology skills.
Designed for participants seeking a technologic and managerial dual competency, this high-level professional Advanced Master & Title offers a global and interdisciplinary approach. This is its main strength. A real challenge for those with a keen interest in energy transtion marketing and management.
Ranked 5th in the Top 50 2021 - Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking
Field - Energy and Natural Resources in Western Europe
- Program co-accredited with renowned university Grenoble INP - Ense3
- An interdisciplinary approach to energy transition to obtain a technico-managerial dual competency.
- Close links with energy transition sector professionals: international companies, SMEs, start-ups, unions...
- An applied, professionalization-oriented pedagogy offered through an alternating study-internship program
- Participants from various backgrounds and nationalities
From October to May, the rythm is usually 1 week courses followed by 3 weeks work. From June to December, students spend 6 months full-time working for their companies. Internship opportunities and the possibility of obtaining a French "contrat de professionalisation". Courses are taught 60% in French and 40% in English.
- New Energy Transition Mix
- Smart Grids and Storage for Energy Transition
- Energy Efficiency and Energy Transition
- Economics for Energy Transition
- Strategic Intelligence on Energy Transition Markets
- Energy Transition Purchasing
- Marketing of Services for Energy Transition
- Strategic Analysis and Business models in the Energy Transition
- Energy Transition Solutions Financing
- Negociations and Sales Management in the Energy Transition
Innovation Project in Energy Transition : Economic Intelligence ; Market Research, Design and Launch of an Innovative Offer on the Energy Market ; Business Plan and Business Model
Total : 433h, program content subject to change
- Intelligence and techno-economic diagnosis of energy transition systems and markets
- Business development in energy transition and go-to-market strategy
- Management of the design, negotiation and implementation of projects and sales in energy transition
Evaluation and Validation
Verification of skills and competences acquired through continuous assessment, exams, assignments and reports on real-world case studies.
Certification: Defense of a professional thesis before a jury made up of academics and professionals.
In the event of a partial validation of a professional certification, the blocks of competencies that have been validated are considered acquired and a certificate of validation is provided.
Percentage of graduates who work in France: 94%
Permanent contract: 88%
Average salaries: < 35k€ : 12% | >35k€ < 47k€: 47% | >45k€ : 41%
The satisfaction and graduation rates are available via the application platform and also from the Recruitment Officer upon request.
- Join the world of energy transition management
- Acquire a sector-specific technological and managerial dual competency
- Access marketing and business responsibilities
- Drive energy transition management projects
- Develop consulting expertise and strategic analysis skills
- Adopt sustainable business practices
Marketing and commercial functions
- Business developer
- Business manager
- Product/market manager
- Project Manager
- Energy efficiency expert
- Facilities manager
Strategy and consulting
- Market Analyst
- Energy Buyer
Business Unit Management
Manager or Director of a Business Unit in the energy sector
- Air Liquide
- Gaz Electricité de Grenoble
- McPhy Energy
- Rolls Royce
- Schneider Electric
I am an alumnus of Grenoble Ecole de Management, Grand Ecole Program, class of 1993. I chose Grenoble Ecole de Management because it was one of the few business schools with a strong technology component. This was a major differentiating factor for me.
I have always been convinced that technology and in particular software is key to shaping a sustainable world. This is why I contributed to the Specialized Master's program in Management and Marketing of Energy and Energy Transition at GEM.
Since my studies, I have spent my entire career in the tech world working now for Schneider Electric for 30 years. Sustainability is at the heart of what Schneider does. We are committed to addressing climate change and social inequality, and leading the transition to a cleaner and more inclusive world. This is something that I am extremely proud of.
I have always been passionate about designing and selling innovative solutions. I started my career at Schneider in 1993 in France before embarking on an international career that took me to Asia, where I have lived for more than twenty years. I have held several management positions, first as Director of our Low Voltage Joint Venture then Managing Director for India Operations, before taking on the global role of Executive Vice President for the Home & Distribution Division based in Hong Kong. In 2014, I joined the Executive Committee as Chief Human Resources Officer until 2020, and as Chief Strategy & Sustainability Officer. In 2022, I have been appointed Executive Vice President of Schneider's Energy Management business, and I am responsible for the entire Energy Management portfolio of world-leading technologies, software and services.
- Diploma from a recognized business school in management or engineering or a university : Master's degree (Bac+5) in sciences, economics, or social sciences.
Or at least 3 years of significant professional experience with a Bachelor's degree (Bac+4).
- English test and jury session.
- Autonomy, adaptability, interpersonal skills, and personal commitment to an intensive Master's program
To apply for this program, candidates must complete and send the downloadable application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents (in English, or certified translation if in another language):
- CV / Résumé
- Copy of TOEIC score report (minimum score : 850)
All other applications would be accepted at the discretion of the admissions committee. Please contact the Recruitment Officer for more details.
Admission is subject to the number of available places. The number of participants will be limited and students will be admitted on a first come, first served basis.
To ensure that this program is the right fit for you, candidates are required to participate in an interview. You will be notified for one of the scheduled interview sessions between January and June.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application by June 2023. Recruitment sessions will be organized every month between January and June 2023. Once the candidate start completing the online application form, he/she will be asked to choose a recruitment session date.
Recruitment Session Planning
- 26 January 2023 (deadline to submit the application form : 19 January)
- 23 February 2023 (deadline to submit the application form : 16 February)
- 30 March 2023 (deadline to submit the application form : 23 March)
- 27 April 2023 (deadline to submit the application form : 20 April)
- 25 May 2023 (deadline to submit the application form : 17 May)
- 22 June 2023 (deadline to submit the application form : 15 June)
This program is also eligible for French Validation des Acquis de l'Expérience.