Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) offers a Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) based entirely in France. DBA candidates have the opportunity to earn their degree in France and visit the Grenoble campus for each training workshop.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Who Are We Looking For?
- Who Will Be Your DBA Supervisor?
- Training Workshops: When and Where?
- Admissions Requirements
- Application Dates
- Required Application Documents
- Whom to Contact?
- Program Director
- Program Fees
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This program was created for English speaking executives who wish to study in France.
Applicants come from a wide variety of countries and have different career backgrounds (sciences, humanities, technical and engineering fields, professionally qualified teachers in business schools, etc.).
A master's level degree and a high level of professional achievement are prerequisites for this program. A minimum of five years of professional experience is required.
WHO WILL BE YOUR DBA SUPERVISOR?
Each DBA candidate is assigned a research-active professor from Grenoble Ecole de Management. Faculty from these two schools provide a wide range of expertise and an international reputation in research on business innovation, technology management and the organizational dimensions of technological change. The supervisor helps the student define and carry out a DBA research project until his or her final thesis defense.
TRAINING WORKSHOPS: WHEN AND WHERE?
Workshop schedule for 2017-2018*:
- Workshop 1 – one week, Introduction : November 6th-10th 2017 in Grenoble
- Workshop 2 – one week, Research Design and Literature Review / Qualitative Research : Data Collection, March 26th-30th 2018 in Grenoble
- Workshop 3 – one week , Qualitative Research : Data Analysis / Quantitative Research : Data Collection and Experimental Design, December 3rd-7th 2018
- Workshop 4 – one week, Quantitative Research : Data Analysis & stage one assessment, October 7th-10th 2019 in Grenoble
- Advanced Research Seminar – Quantitative Research : Advanced Data Analysis, December 2nd-4th 2019 in Shanghai
*Subject to change.
Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's.
DBA workshops are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English or who have not already studied successfully in an English-speaking environment will be required to provide evidence of advanced proficiency in English.
Acceptance to the program will be based on the following:
- A preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received
- Final decision made by an Admissions Board
The 2017-2018 program begins November 2017. Applications must be submitted no later than September 25, 2017.
- Session 1 application deadline: March 20, 2017
- Session 2 application deadline: May 15, 2017
- Session 3 application deadline: June 26, 2017
- Session 4 application deadline: August 28, 2017
- Session 5 application deadline: September 25, 2017
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed and signed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas officially translated to English or French
- A Statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his or her motivations and how this is coherent with their long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives indications of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans
- Language test scores if requested
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
Whom to contact?
For questions and guidance in preparing the admissions process please contact the following person:
Grenoble Ecole de Management
4 place Robert Schuman
38000 Grenoble - France
Tel: + 33 (0) 4 76 70 62 40
Dr. Michel Polski
+33 4 76 70 61 96
Doctoral School - Grenoble Ecole de Management
12 rue Pierre Sémard - BP 127
38003 GRENOBLE Cedex 01 - FRANCE
|Year 1||€ 16,000|
|Year 2||€ 16,000|
|Year 3||€ 12,000|
|Year 4||€ 12,000|
|Total cost||€ 56,000|
|Additional year(s)||€ 12,000|
(*) A deposit of one-third of the tuition fee must be paid upon registration. In addition to these fees, students are responsible for all travel, accommodation and subsistence costs required to attend the program workshops. The tuition fee is subject to change at any time upon written notice.