Our first Silicon Valley Study Trip – what a success. 2016 has been a great success for the entrepreneurs of the MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship at Grenoble Ecole de Management. Students had the opportunity to travel to Silicon Valley (USA) and discover the world’s leading hub for innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.
Accompanied by the program director and program coordinator, participants had the opportunity to meet and exchange with major companies during this educational, insightful and enjoyable trip.
Highlights of the trip
- Visits to major corporations including Google, Facebook and Electronic Arts.
- Meeting with leading players in the field of technology: Renault Innovation Center, Stanford University Institute of Design, Plug & Play, Autodesk, Orange Fab Lab, 23andme, Hexo+, Techlab & Autodesk…
- Learning about the business development strategies of Silicon Valley and Californian companies.
- Sharing best practices with successful international companies and start-ups.
- Developing a better understanding the entrepreneurial ecosystem and networking culture of the Silicon Valley.
Students from the MSc ISE program have described the trip as “unforgettable” and have provided very positive feedback.
Many feel that it has enabled them to gain an enhanced knowledge of incubators and accelerators which will help them in developing their business plans and presenting to potential investors. They also appreciated the opportunity to interact with successful entrepreneurs and GEM alumni based the Silicon Valley region.
Such has been the success of this first MSc I.S.E study trip, that it will be repeated next year for the new intake! With only a few places remaining for September, the 9th intake of this program promises to build on its popularity and success.