After Stockholm in Sweden (2010-11), Shanghai-Beijing in China (2011-12), Karlsruhe in Germany (2012-13), and Colorado in the USA, the Advanced Master in Energy Management & Marketing from Grenoble Ecole de Management & Grenoble Institute of Technology will go this year to Abu Dhabi (UAE).
30 international graduate students will discover and study the Abu Dhabi Energy Cluster & Ecosystem.
The topic of the study trip is:
From Fossil Fuel to Alternative Energy: Actors, Projects & Finance. International collaboration for Innovation in the Energy Sector.
The pedagogical objective is to:
- Analyze a fast growing international market for new energy
- Socialize with local actors
- Understand the strategic policy of an influential and powerful state.
This study trip will be an exceptional opportunity to participate to the 8th World Future Energy Summit (WFES) that will take place from the 19th to the 22th of January 2015. The WFES is taking place during the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (18 – 24/01/15).
Our participants will exchange during interesting visits with:
- WFES – International Exhibition
- Masdar Smart City Project & Masdar Institute (in partnership with MIT).
- Al Wathba Veolia Besix Waste Water
- SHAMS Concentrated Solar Powerplant
- Schneider Electric : Jebel Ali Factory, Dubaï & Energy Management System, ADhabi Mall center.
This study trip will also be an opportunity to discover the culture and the evolution of the United Arab Emirates from Dubai to Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi Museum Island, Le Louvre @AD), Great Mosque of AD., A Desert Tour and Oasis Visit : Al Ain.
This study trip is developed in partnership with Tenerrdis Energy Cluster & AEPI Invest in Grenoble – Isère.