One academic year (on campus) + Final Management Project (12 months)
Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject. Fluency in English
Master (120 ECTS credits)
Full program fees
€19,450 (Grenoble campus). See overseas campus pages for local fees
Sep. 11 2017 - Grenoble Intake
Sep. 19 2017 - Berlin Intake
Marketing is changing and we will equip you, as New Marketing Professionals, to meet the highest standards of successful organizations. You will be capable of understanding the demands of business and translating these needs into up-to-date marketing programs that build long-term customer relationships and generate long-term growth.
Why choose this program ?
- Acquire the ability to make sound operational marketing decisions at a managerial level.
- Gain the skills and knowledge needed to support marketing activity in an international environment.
- Learn from experienced marketing professionals and academic experts alike.
- Network with top companies to explore new career opportunities.
- Earn your degree from a triple-accredited institution.
MSc Marketing Management on Campus Channel
This program is designed around core competencies you will need in developing a successful career in marketing; it covers 4 major areas: digital marketing, strategic management, marketing management and core business skills in 18 courses. Specific areas such as research, consumer behavior, and customer relationship management are also covered.
Course content places emphasis on current trends in marketing, as well as key issues that marketing professionals face.
The program combines academic theory and a practical approach through case studies and real live examples to provide a hands-on approach.
The continual development of critical thinking and analytical skills enables graduates to make sound strategic marketing decisions at managerial level in an international environment. The MSc Marketing Management also focuses on soft skills such as presentation techniques and intercultural communication - indispensable assets for effective management in multicultural environments.
- Meet your colleagues, find out how you will work
- Moodle e-learning platform
- Library and Computing Services
- Networking, Career and Alumni Associations
The first year of the Master is a full-time year in Grenoble or Berlin.
The program covers four key areas of study for Marketers, each of the 18 modules follow a logical connection to the one before.
- Insight into Digital
- IMC and Digital Models
- Digital Analytics
- Content Marketing
- Strategic Marketing and Planning
- Marketing Psychology and Consumer Behavior
- Brand Management and Product Development
- Managing Marketing
- Qualitative and Quantitative Market Research
- Innovation through Design
- Marketing Metrics and Pricing Policy
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management
CORE BUSINESS SKILLS
- Corporate Finance
- Intercultural Management
- International Negotiations
- Research Methods for Managers and Integrative Case Study
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
The second year of the program is dedicated to the Final Management Project conducted under the supervision of a tutor. This is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. Students are encouraged to choose a subject related to their future career.
Integrative Marketing Case Study
Using an existing business, the “Live Business Case” will provide the students with the opportunity to reflect on and integrate all aspects of the taught program. Students will analyze a specific marketing problem in the company and use their skills and knowledge to contextualize issues and propose solutions. This takes place in small groups and in a limited time. Assessment for the case study will be based on a group assignment with a group presentation to the Company.
Final Management Project
At the end of the one year full-time part of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 15,000 words in length, under the guidance of a tutor.
To successfully complete the Final Management Project, they are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in their chosen field of their study. This will be business oriented and coherent with the program's objectives. A student may choose to write their project on a topic grounded in their internship experience.
Learning a foreign language is a recommended program option for all students who are looking to work internationally. Non-French speakers have the option of studying French (beginner to advanced level), a recommended option for students looking to work in France following their studies. French speakers may choose from a number of other languages at the beginner level.
Employment within 2 months (2016): 75%
Jobs with international projects: 93%
Annual salary with bonus after graduation: <40k€: 66% | 40k€-45k€: 17%| >45k€: 17%
Graduates of the MSc Marketing Management program are qualified for positions such as:
- Marketing Executive
- Product Manager
- Brand Manager
- Sales Promotion Account Executive
- PR Account Executive
- Marketing Manager
Digital & Advertising
- Chief Digital Marketing Officer (CDMO)
- Social Media Manager
- Account Manager
- Content Manager
- Media Buyer
- Media Planner
- Market Researcher
- Research Executive
- Senior Researcher
Retailing, Logistics & Sales
- Retail Buyer
- Retail Merchandiser
- Customer Service Manager
- Retail Manager
- Sales Executive
- Sales Manager
- Logistics Executive
- Logistics and Distribution Manager
MSc Marketing Management students spend their internships in prestigious international companies:
- Coca Cola
- Xerox Research Center Europe
- Warner Home Video
- Hewlett Packard
- Schneider Electric SAS
- Cartier International
- Adidas France
- Amadeus SAS
- Siemens Transmission & Distribution
Interns put their marketing knowledge into practice not only in marketing departments but also in sales, B2B, exports, and press and advertising.
As a graduate in International Relations with 5 years’ work experience promoting International Education in Mexico, I recognized that to enhance my business acumen and career opportunities, I would my need to follow a Masters degree.
The MSc Marketing at Grenoble Ecole de Management offered an ideal academic and cultural opportunity to study in English at a top business European School.
Over the first year I gained vast and invaluable knowledge from an excellent international faculty and enjoyed studying in such a multicultural group.
During the second part of the program I felt privileged to be able to access the European job market and find an internship at Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, a French technology company operating in over 100 countries around the world.
An international career had now become open to me as my internship turned into a job offer and I joined the Marketing and Communications division at the headquarters in Paris.
Soon after, I was offered a promotion to the position of Network Partner Programs Director and moved with Alcatel-Lucent to Milan, Italy. Thanks to my experience at GEM I now felt equipped with the international qualification and network to drive my career forward and reach unimaginable places.
This program is suitable for graduates from a wide range of disciplines. Prospective students should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the motivation to pursue an international career.
Experienced managers already working in marketing positions will also benefit from this program by acquiring a formal qualification and training in the theory and concepts needed to advance their marketing careers.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject with good grade average.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- Fluency in English (see test requirements below).
- GMAT is not required for this program.
Please note that applications for September 2018 intake will be open from September 15th 2017.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 references (professional and academic). Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A,B,C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Please note English test scores must be communicated to GEM/GGSB by the beginning of July for September programs.
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure GEM/GGSB is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
All academic qualifications, including those earned at GEM/GGSB, are recognized at the discretion of each country or university. Students seeking admission to a further course of study or who wish to work in another country after their GEM/GGSB program may need to have their GEM degree certified through a process specified by the receiving authority. Before starting a GEM/GGSB program, students who know that they want to work or study in another country or university are advised to verify whether their intended GEM degree will be recognized.
TOTAL PROGRAM FEES: 2017-18
|Fees to be paid by student||19,450 Euros for 2 years (Grenoble campus)*|
*Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
Please refer to our partner campus websites for off-site tuition fees and scholarships.
Fees cover tuition, project supervision, and access to all facilities. They do not cover accommodation, meals, or personal expenses.
All students are required to pay an additional 250€ in student services and administrative fees in Year 1 and a further 250€ for student card renewal in Year 2.
Please read the policy concerning the refund of tuition fees.
- Marketing Management students are not eligible for CROUS scholarships.
- Only students attending a program on the Grenoble campus are eligible for U.S. loans.
- Eligible students may use their education benefits provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans affairs for this program.