One academic year (on campus) + Final management project (12 months)
Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject. Fluency in English
Master (French: Titre de niveau I Manager Financier, enregistré au Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles (RNCP) – Fiche 14624). 120 ECTS credits
Full program fees
€ 23,450 (Grenoble campus)
Sep. 11 2017 - Grenoble Intake
Sep. 18 2017 - London Intake
Oct. 10 2017 - Singapore Intake
See overseas campus pages for local fees.
Students may also spend a semester at a campus other than the one in which they are enrolled (subject to specific conditions).
London campus option is available for European students only.
Understand the strategic impacts of financial decisions
The mission of the MSc in Finance program is to provide graduates with an advanced knowledge of finance and to prepare them, through an understanding of the strategic impacts of financial decisions, for careers in banking, financial services or corporate finance with international companies at a managerial level.
The program covers the fundamentals of finance, as well as advanced topics in corporate finance, financial management, and financial markets.
Develop Your Financial and Soft Skills
Its aim is to provide students with strong technical and analytical skills in the principles and application of finance, as well as solid industry knowledge and multicultural exposure.
Prepare your career in the sector of finance
The MSc Finance prepares students for careers in the financial sector such as investment and commercial banking, asset management, financial services and consulting, or for corporate finance positions within international companies at a managerial level.
The program provides an excellent preparation for the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) exams, as it is based on the CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and is part of the CFA University Recognition program. It also covers related fields such as management control systems, economics, corporate governance, and private equity investment.
Why choose the MSc Finance program?
- Learn about both market and corporate finance from an international perspective.
- Access cutting-edge learning facilities, like the Bloomberg trading room on our Grenoble campus.
- Learn valuable intercultural skills while studying in an international and multicultural environment.
- Tailor your education to your professional goals with a wide selection of electives.
- Earn your degree from a triple-accredited institution.
Stephanie Boyer on Campus Channel
The MSc Finance program begins in the Fall semester of each year and requires full-time attendance during one academic year for completion of coursework. The second year is dedicated solely to the Final Management Project.
The program is taught entirely in English by both academics and professionals, all with extensive experience in finance. The teaching style is very interactive and emphasis is placed on group work.
INTRODUCTION SESSION (E-LEARNING MODULES)
- Online Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance
- Online Fundamentals of Excel and Statistics
STAGE ONE - THE FUNDAMENTALS OF FINANCE
- Corporate Finance and Investment Decisions
- Accounting and Financial Statements Analysis
- Economics for Finance
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
STAGE TWO - MASTERING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- w Mergers and Acquisitions and Company Valuation
- Management Control Systems
- International Financial Management
- Ethics, Professional Standards and Corporate Governance
STAGE THREE - ADVANCED FINANCE
- Fixed Income Investments
- Asset Management
STAGE FOUR - CAPSTONE COURSE
- Research Methodology and Project Workshop
- Integrative Case Study
STAGE FIVE- SPECIALIZATIONS**
Quantitative Finance (Grenoble)
- VBA and Financial Modelling
- Market Risk Management
- Commodities and Energy markets
- Financial Market Trading
Investment Banking (Grenoble, Singapore or London)
- VBA and Financial Modelling
- Project Finance
- Private Equity, LBOs and Venture Capital
- Financial Strategy and Advanced Valuation
Financial Management (Grenoble)
- Advanced Accounting and Financial Statements Analysis
- Corporate Financial Management
- Private Equity, LBOs and Venture Capital
- Global Business Operations - the Serious Game
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
**Subject to a minimum number of participants. If students choose to follow a specialization on a different campus, transportation, accommodation, meals, and personal items are at the student’s own expense.
The second year of the program is dedicated to the Final Management Project conducted under the supervision of a tutor. This is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. Students are encouraged to choose a subject related to their future career.
Final Management Project
At the end of the one year full-time part of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 15,000 words in length, under the guidance of a tutor.
To successfully complete the Final Management Project, they are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in their chosen field of their study. This will be business oriented and coherent with the program's objectives. A student may choose to write their project on a topic grounded in their internship experience.
Learning a foreign language is a recommended program option for all students who are looking to work internationally. Non-French speakers have the option of studying French (beginner to advanced level), a recommended option for students looking to work in France following their studies. French speakers may choose from a number of other languages at the beginner level.
Career Personal Development within the MSc Program
- Job market presentations
- Access and training on the international job platform (TopMBA)
- CV writing workshop
- Workshops on job search and networking techniques
- Mock interview sessions with alumni, business leaders and international headhunters
- Personal coaching to clarify career goals, CV and cover letters, and development gaps
MSc Finance graduates are also awarded a certificate conferring the title of Manager Financier. This title is recognized by the CNCP*, an agency of the French Ministry of Labor. It is a recognition that the graduate’s core financial management skills conform to the standards established by the Ministry of Labor for managers of financial activities.
*Commission Nationale de la Certification Professionnelle
Employment within 2 months (2016) : 85%
Jobs with international projects: 94%
Annual salary with bonus after graduation: <40k€: 42% | 40k€-50k€: 19% | >50k€: 39%
Some of our MSc Finance Graduate Job Titles:
- Financial Controller
- Cash Manager
- Derivatives Trader
- Internal Auditor
- Investment Banking Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Sales Specialist in Trading
- Commodity Markets Manager
- M&A Financial Analyst
- Debt Capital Markets Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Buy-side/Sell-side Analyst
- Financial Auditor
- Credit Analyst
Employers of our MSc Finance Graduates:
- Barclays Capital
- BNP Paribas
- Ernst & Young
- General Electric
- JP Morgan
- Schneider Electric
- Société Générale
- Tyco Electronics
“The MSc Finance provided me with a solid systematic knowledge of both Corporate Finance and the Financial Market. I particularly enjoyed the study-friendly, cooperative and very international learning environment.
Being in a class of 17 different nationalities helped me to cultivate my cross-culture communication skills, which have proved essential to me as I enter the globalized world of business.
The program enabled me to enhance my theoretical knowledge, whilst at the same time gaining practical experience, which has largely improved my competitiveness and employability.
After taught part of the program, an alumni presented me with the opportunity to do an internship in Deutsche Bank within Wealth Management Department in Luxembourg. One year later, I moved to London and started my first job in Bloomberg in Financial Analytics and Sales department.
As a GEM graduate I continue to benefit greatly from offers of employment around the world from the School’s careers centre service and I also feel that the alumni network is continuously being strengthened over time, to the advantage of all graduates.”
Junior professionals already working in the financial services sector will enhance their experience with the formal training provided through the MSc Finance program.
This program is also suitable for graduates from a wide range of disciplines, such as management or engineering, who would be well served by a formal finance credential.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- Fluency in English - see test requirements below.
- Quantitative proficiency is required for this program. This can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A prior degree from a recognized institution in a quantitative major showing good academic performance (Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, Economics…)
- CFA level 1
This quantitative aptitude test requirement may be waived at the discretion of the MSc Finance Admissions Board for candidates that exhibit previous academic excellence from top ranked universities or business schools, especially in quantitative subjects.
Please note that applications for September 2018 intake will be open from September 15th 2017.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 academic or professional references. Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- A test score of your quantitative abilities (GMAT, GRE, or CFA Level 1 Exam) or a waiver request:
- GMAT - a minimum of 550 overall with 70% in the quantitative section
- GRE - a minimum of 60% in the Verbal Reasoning section, 70% in the Quantitative section, and 4.0 or above on the Analytical Writing section
- CFA Level 1 exam with a Pass grade
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A,B,C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Please note English test scores must be communicated to GEM/GGSB by the beginning of July for September programs and by the beginning of November for January programs.
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure GEM/GGSB is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
Note: MSc Finance students are not eligible for CROUS scholarships.
Full PROGRAM FEES
|Fees to be paid by student||23,450 Euros for 2 years (Grenoble campus)*|
*Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
An administrative fee of 250€ is charged for student services in Year 1 and a further 250€ for student card renewal in Year 2.
Fees cover tuition, project supervision, and access to all GEM facilities. They do not cover accommodation, meals, or students' personal expenses.
Please read the policy concerning the refund of tuition fees.
Please refer to our partner campus websites for the fees for programs offered at our off-site locations.
The GMAT Merit Scholarship is available for candidates who score 650 or above on the GMAT, with 75% or over on the quantitative portion of the test.
Please see Scholarships information for the scholarship description and application guidelines.
Terms and Conditions:
- GGSB Scholarships will only be awarded to candidates applying for on-site programs (Grenoble campus) and not for off-site ones.
- Scholarships will not be reimbursed or maintained in case of deferral, withdrawal, or incomplete enrolment.
- To apply for a GGSB Scholarship, the candidate must have already submitted a complete application.