One academic year (on campus) + final management project (12 months)
Bachelor or Licence level degree
Full program fees
€ 23,450 (Grenoble campus)
Students may also spend a semester at a campus other than the one in which they are enrolled (subject to specific conditions).
Understand the strategic impacts of financial decisions
The mission of the MSc in Finance program is to provide graduates with an advanced knowledge of finance and to prepare them, through an understanding of the strategic impacts of financial decisions, for careers in banking, financial services or corporate finance with international companies at a managerial level.
The program covers the fundamentals of finance, as well as advanced topics in corporate finance, financial management, and financial markets.
Develop Your Financial and Soft Skills
Its aim is to provide students with strong technical and analytical skills in the principles and application of finance, as well as solid industry knowledge and multicultural exposure.
Prepare your career in the sector of finance
The MSc Finance prepares students for careers in the financial sector such as investment and commercial banking, asset management, financial services and consulting, or for corporate finance positions within international companies at a managerial level.
The program provides an excellent preparation for the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) exams, as it is based on the CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and is part of the CFA University Recognition program. It also covers related fields such as management control systems, economics, corporate governance, and private equity investment.
- A two-year program: requires full-time attendance during one academic year for coursework. The second year is dedicated solely to the Final Management Project and can be completed in parallel with a job or internship.
- Curriculum based on the CFA program.
- International perspective.
- Combined academic and 'real-world' expertise within the faculty.
- International and multi-cultural student body.
- Grenoble Ecole de Management expertise on the financing of innovative companies, given our location within a high-tech international marketplace.
- An integrative case study based on inter-campus, virtual team work
- A choice of two electives
- Exchange campus option (subject to conditions)
Stephanie Boyer on Campus Channel
The MSc Finance program begins in the Fall semester of each year and requires full-time attendance during one academic year for completion of coursework. The second year is dedicated solely to the Final Management Project.
Introduction Week (online modules)
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance
- Fundamentals of Excel and Statistics
The program includes four stages*:
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Mastering Financial Management
- Advanced Finance
- Followed by a Capstone course
- and Final Management Project on a finance-related topic or based on an internship in a company in France or abroad.
*Content subject to change.
The program is taught entirely in English by both academics and professionals, all with extensive experience in finance. The teaching style is very interactive and emphasis is placed on group work.
Career Personal Development within the MSc Program
- Job market presentations
- Access and training on the international job platform (TopMBA)
- CV writing workshop
- Workshops on job search and networking techniques
- Mock interview sessions with alumni, business leaders and international headhunters
- Personal coaching to clarify career goals, CV and cover letters, and development gaps
MSc Finance graduates are also awarded a certificate conferring the title of Manager Financier. This title is recognized by the CNCP*, an agency of the French Ministry of Labor. It is a recognition that the graduate’s core financial management skills conform to the standards established by the Ministry of Labor for managers of financial activities.
*Commission Nationale de la Certification Professionnelle
Some of our MSc Finance Graduate Job Titles:
- Financial Controller
- Cash Manager
- Derivatives Trader
- Internal Auditor
- Investment Banking Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Sales Specialist in Trading
- Commodity Markets Manager
- M&A Financial Analyst
- Debt Capital Markets Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Buy-side/Sell-side Analyst
- Financial Auditor
- Credit Analyst
Employers of our MSc Finance Graduates:
- Barclays Capital
- BNP Paribas
- Ernst & Young
- General Electric
- JP Morgan
- Schneider Electric
- Société Générale
- Tyco Electronics
"For me the MSc Finance program was enriching on so many different levels: developing myself and building up on my education and career whilst at the same time making lifelong friends all over the world and learning so much about other cultures.
The people surrounding me throughout the program, classmates as well as professors, became like a family to me and it was an extremely positive experience which opened many doors, both professionally and socially.
When comparing my experience with peers who followed a similar Masters course elsewhere, I realize the high value of this particular program and I feel that I made a very good decision to study at Grenoble Ecole de Management.
I had a science background with limited knowledge of management or economics so the MSc Finance was a great conversion course for me. The curriculum covered all major areas of finance, providing us with a broad perspective as well as more in-depth knowledge in each field. By the end of the program I felt that I was in a strong position to apply for jobs within different areas in finance and bring added value to these companies. I strongly believe that the MSc. played a very significant role in the career path that led me to my current position and equipped me with the skills and network necessary to achieve this.
In addition to the quality of the program and its lively international dynamic, Grenoble is a fantastic place to study and I felt lucky to have the opportunity to discover this beautiful region. If I could do it all again, I would!"
Junior professionals already working in the financial services sector will enhance their experience with the formal training provided through the MSc Finance program.
This program is also suitable for graduates from a wide range of disciplines, such as management or engineering, who would be well served by a formal finance credential.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- Fluency in English - see test requirements below.
- Quantitative proficiency is required for this program. This can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A prior degree from a recognized institution in a quantitative major showing good academic performance (Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, Economics…)
- CFA level 1
This quantitative aptitude test requirement may be waived at the discretion of the MSc Finance Admissions Board for candidates that exhibit previous academic excellence from top ranked universities or business schools, especially in quantitative subjects.
To apply for this program candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English, or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- 3 short essays
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- A test score of your quantitative abilities (GMAT, GRE, or CFA Level 1 Exam) or a waiver request
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: computer-based: 240 / IBT: 94 (minimum score of 22 in each band) / paper-based : 587. (Institutional/ITP TOEFL not accepted.) TOEFL Institution code: 8973.
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam : A,B,C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) with a minimum of 63.
- TOEIC is not accepted.
- Please note quantitative test and English test scores must be communicated to GEM by the beginning of July
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted to a program, we will then request the original certificates or certified copies. These may be either sent by post or brought in person when you begin the program. This request will be made in your acceptance letter.
To ensure Grenoble Ecole de Management is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
Note: MSc Finance students are not eligible for CROUS scholarships.
Full PROGRAM FEES
Fees to be paid by student: 23,450 Euros
An administrative fee of 250€ is charged for student services in Year 1 and a further 250€ for student card renewal in Year 2.
Fees cover tuition, project supervision, and access to all GEM facilities. They do not cover accommodation, meals, or students' personal expenses.
Please refer to our partner campus websites for the fees for programs offered at our off-site locations.
The GMAT Merit Scholarship is available for candidates who score 650 or above on the GMAT, with 75% or over on the quantitative portion of the test.
Please see Scholarships information for the scholarship description and application guidelines.
Terms and Conditions:
- GGSB Scholarships will only be awarded to candidates applying for on-site programs (Grenoble campus) and not for off-site ones.
- Scholarships will not be reimbursed or maintained in case of deferral, withdrawal, or incomplete enrolment.
- To apply for a GGSB Scholarship, the candidate must have already submitted a complete application.