One academic year (on campus) + Final Management Project (12 months)
Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject. Fluency in English
Master (120 ECTS credits)
Full program fees
Sep. 10 2018 - Grenoble Intake
Digital technologies are an integral and growing component for competitive advantage and effective business operations in the global marketplace. All managers require the skills and knowledge to leverage a professional profile in the increasingly pervasive digital economy.
why choose this program
- Acquire the ability to make effective management decisions related to the deployment and operations of digital business strategies
- Gain the skills and knowledge needed to support digital business activities in an international environment
- Develop the confidence and capacity to initiate innovative and competitive digital strategies
- Learn from both experienced digital professionals and academic experts
- Prepare for new career opportunities created by the Digital Economy
- Earn your degree from a triple accredited institution
This program prepares students for a wide range of digital management roles and contribute to sustainable competitive strategies and operations in a global marketplace by understanding the business impacts and opportunities of digital technologies on corporate performance.
- Meet your colleagues, find out how you will work
- Moodle e-learning platform
- Library and Computing Services
- Networking, Career and Alumni Associations
YEAR 1 (FULL-TIME IN GRENOBLE)
- Intercultural Management
- Basics in Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Digital Landscape: Geographies and Industries
- Digital Design Project
- Managing Web Technologies
- E-business and E-commerce Strategy
- Social Media Management
- Mobile Devices & Apps
- Innovation and Design Thinking
- Entrepreneurship and Business Opportunities
- Legal issues in Digital Business
- Agile Management and Virtual teams
- Project Proposal
The second year of the program is dedicated to the Final Management Project conducted under the supervision of a tutor. This is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. Students are encouraged to choose a subject related to their future career.
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
Final Management Project
At the end of the one year full-time part of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 15,000 words in length, under the guidance of a tutor.
To successfully complete the Final Management Project, they are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in their chosen field of their study. This will be business oriented and coherent with the program's objectives. A student may choose to write their project on a topic grounded in their internship experience.
Learning a foreign language is a recommended program option for all students who are looking to work internationally. Non-French speakers have the option of studying French (beginner to advanced level), a recommended option for students looking to work in France following their studies. French speakers may choose from a number of other languages at the beginner level.
Digital technologies are among the top drivers for the changing nature of work in the 21st century. The MSc in Digital Business prepares students to work in a wide range of management roles, including:
- E-commerce management
- Web and data analytics management
- Social media management and marketing
- Mobile applications management
- Digital project management and team leadership
- Digital business planning and development
- Entrepreneurship and startups
- Digital marketing management/executive
- Digital design
- Content marketing management
- Online Advertising and Search Engine management
- Digital business analysis and strategy
- 3.4 billion – the number of global Internet users
- 2.3 billion – the number of global social media users
- 2.9 billion – daily web searches on Google
- 44% - the proportion of human traffic on the web
- $349 and $562.66 billion – the respective values of US and China’s e-commerce economies
- $1.7 trillion - worldwide B2C e-commerce sales
- $1 trillion – the value of mobile influenced retail sales
- 60% - proportion of digital advertising spend on mobile advertising
- 68% - the number of digital marketing staff who received a salary increase in 2015
This program is suitable for graduates from a wide range of disciplines. Prospective students should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the motivation to pursue an international career.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject with good grade average.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- Fluency in English (see test requirements below).
- GMAT is not required for this program.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 references (professional and academic). Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A,B,C
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE-A): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Please note English test scores must be communicated to GEM/GGSB by the beginning of July for September programs.
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure GEM/GGSB is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
All academic qualifications, including those earned at GEM/GGSB, are recognized at the discretion of each country or university. Students seeking admission to a further course of study or who wish to work in another country after their GEM/GGSB program may need to have their GEM degree certified through a process specified by the receiving authority. Before starting a GEM/GGSB program, students who know that they want to work or study in another country or university are advised to verify whether their intended GEM degree will be recognized.
TOTAL PROGRAM FEES: 2017-18
|Fees to be paid by student||19,450 Euros for 2 years (Grenoble campus)*|
*Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
Fees cover tuition, project supervision, and access to all facilities. They do not cover accommodation, meals, or personal expenses.
All students are required to pay an additional 250 Euros in student services and administrative fees in Year 1 and a further 250 Euros for student card renewal in Year 2.
Please read the policy concerning the refund of tuition fees.
Please click here for scholarship descriptions and application guidelines.