One academic year (on campus) + Final Management Project (12 months)
Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject. Fluency in English
Master (120 ECTS credits). (French: Titre de niveau I Manager d’Affaires internationales, enregistré au Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles (RNCP) – Fiche 24999)
Full program fees
€ 20,350 (Grenoble and Paris campuses)
Jan. 07 2018 - Grenoble Intake
See overseas campus pages for local fees.
Join a program into international reach, including the intercultural problems met by the managers of the whole world. This Master's degree is internationally recognized, and is exclusively taught in English.
Provide international vision of business
The mission of the Master in International Business program is to provide employers worldwide with intercultural aware graduates who have developed key skills and competencies in international business and management.
The MIB provides a truly international and multicultural learning environment, which makes its graduates very attractive to potential employers worldwide.
Internationally recognized, the MIB is regularly ranked by the Financial Times among the top Masters in Management in the world.
Why choose the MIB program?
- Receive a high-quality education in an internationally-renowned program (top-ranked in the Financial Times).
- Focus on international aspects of business and management
- Study in a truly multicultural environment with students from over 50 nationalities.
- Enhance business and employment opportunities by choosing to study on one of 5 strategically-located campuses around the world.
- Earn your globally-recognized degree from a triple-accredited institution.
A word from the Program Director
”The Masters of International Business (MIB) program is a convergent degree program welcoming students from over 50 nationalities. The curriculum for the MIB program is very intensive and students are trained by a pool of internationally acclaimed academics and professional experts who help them develop skills and knowledge required for successful global careers. The MIB program is a solid launching pad for your global careers in every sector of business. We hope to welcome you as part of this unique, dynamic and enriching experience.”
The MIB is a high-quality comprehensive program of business administration subjects, studied from an international perspective.
The program focuses on the knowledge required by managers in different sectors to work in international companies and environments.
It is a strong generalist program that integrates all the core management courses and uses cross-functional approaches to apply these key fields while providing students with an international specialization.
Foreign language skills are essential in business today. The program is taught in English. No prior knowledge of French is required to attend the program. Languages are an integral part of the MIB to graduate.
Students can carry out this project while on an internship or take on full-time employment anywhere in the world.
- Academic Writing and Presentation Skills
- Case-Based Group Learning
- Introduction to IT and Online Library and Learning Platforms
- Excel Skills Training & Examinations
The first year of the Master is a full-time year in Grenoble, Paris, Berlin or Singapore.
- International Negotiation
- The Legal Environment of International Business
- Global Business Operations – The Serious Game
- Global Trade Relations
STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- International Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Global Marketing Management
- Strategic Marketing and Planning
- Business Analysis and Consulting
- Intercultural Management
- Managing People and Organizations
MANAGING TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
- Managing Technology and Innovations
- Information Systems for Digital Business
FINANCE AND ECONOMICS
- Managerial Economics
- Corporate Finance
- International Financial Risk Management
- Microeconomics of Competitiveness
- International Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Budgeting and Controlling
BUSINESS RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Research Methodology for Managers
- Quantitative Methods for Business Research
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
The second year of the program is dedicated to the Final Management Project conducted under the supervision of a tutor. This is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. Students are encouraged to choose a subject related to their future career.
Final Management Project
At the end of the one year full-time part of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 15,000 words in length, under the guidance of a tutor.
To successfully complete the Final Management Project, they are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in their chosen field of their study. This will be business oriented and coherent with the program's objectives. A student may choose to write their project on a topic grounded in their internship experience.
Learning a foreign language is a recommended program option for all students who are looking to work internationally. Non-French speakers have the option of studying French (beginner to advanced level), a recommended option for students looking to work in France following their studies. French speakers may choose from a number of other languages at the beginner level.
French Ministry Of National Education Recognition
MIB graduates are also awarded a certificate conferring the title of “Manager d’Affaires Internationales”. This provides international recognition through the VISA d’Etat. For students planning to work in France following their studies, this recognition presents a competitive advantage.
Employment within 2 months (2016) : 75%
Jobs with international projects: 85%
Annual salary with bonus after graduation: <40k€: 50% | 40k€-50k€: 25% | >50k€ : 25%
Graduates from the MIB program hold many different positions in a variety of sectors all over the world: human relations, marketing, banking, public relations, general management and consulting.
MIB GRADUATES ARE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED IN COMPANIES SUCH AS:
- First Direct
- Glaxo Wellcome
- Price Waterhouse Coopers
- AC Nielsen
- Britannic Assurance
- Shanghai Bank
- Coca Cola
- Procter & Gamble
- Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
- BNP Paribas
- Schneider Electric
When I decided to pursue an MIB program, I was looking for a top ranked Business School that would give me the possibility to acquire the necessary tools in order to better face and manage today’s international business challenges.
The MIB program at GEM fulfilled my expectations completely, giving me the chance to develop strong bonds with an extraordinary group of people coming from all around the world.
The first academic year on campus proved to be of critical importance in enhancing my business acumen and managerial skills. Through an interactive teaching style that reproduces real life business scenarios we were given the opportunity to gain management experience and put to use the skills and knowledge we had acquired on the program.
Through the MIB job-portal I found a great Internship at Vodafone in Luxembourg, within the Procurement department. This enriching experience allowed me to see how an International Supply Chain works in the real life. After this six months’ work experience, I was offered a contract from Ferrero Trading Luxembourg, where I am currently working as a Business Analyst.
In light of the immense personal and professional benefits that I gained from the program, I can say that MIB Master Degree at GEM was definitely an investment worth making.
Admission & application
This postgraduate Master's program is designed for young graduates from any field with no or limited prior work experience. Candidates should not have more than 3 years post graduation work experience.
Recruitment for this program is on a worldwide basis. Students come from a wide variety of backgrounds: science, humanities, languages, technical and engineering.
The average age of the participants is around 23 years old. There are at least 30 different nationalities every year on the MIB program and there are usually over 79 countries represented in total on the different programs at Grenoble Ecole de Management.
- Bachelor-level, undergraduate degree in any subject with good grade average.
- Work experience is not compulsory.
- Fluency in English (see test requirements below).
- GMAT is not required for this program.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 academic references. Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A,B,C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Please note English test scores must be communicated to GEM/GGSB by the beginning of July for September programs and by the beginning of November for January programs.
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure GEM/GGSB is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
All academic qualifications, including those earned at GEM/GGSB, are recognized at the discretion of each country or university. Students seeking admission to a further course of study or who wish to work in another country after their GEM/GGSB program may need to have their GEM degree certified through a process specified by the receiving authority. Before starting a GEM/GGSB program, students who know that they want to work or study in another country or university are advised to verify whether their intended GEM degree will be recognized.
TOTAL PROGRAM FEES: 2017-18
|September 2017||20,350 Euros for 2 years (Grenoble and Paris campuses)|
|January 2018||20,350 Euros for 2 years (Grenoble campus)|
*Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
Please refer to our partner campus websites for off-site tuition fees and scholarships.
Fees cover tuition, project supervision, and access to all facilities. They do not cover accommodation, meals, or personal expenses.
All students are required to pay an additional 250€ in student services and administrative fees in Year 1 and a further 250€ for student card renewal in Year 2.
Please read the policy concerning the refund of tuition fees.
Please click here for scholarship descriptions and application guidelines.