In this module students will learn and apply the basic concepts, practices and principles of marketing and understand the role of marketing in the company and its relation with the other functions. Students will learn how effective marketing based on an understanding of the customer and the customer’s needs, creates value for customers and therefore profits for the company.
On completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Understand the major challenges of marketing today.
- Understand the elements of the marketing mix.
- Design a Marketing Plan and apply the elements of the marketing mix which correspond to the company strategy.
In this module students will build on the basic principles of marketing from the marketing management module and learn to apply the concepts, practices and principles of marketing in an international context. On completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Understand the major challenges of international marketing environments.
- Understand the adaptation which may be required to the international marketing mix.
- Apply the marketing concepts in the international marketing context.