Scholarship program for master's degree students
Timeline for the 2016-2017 session
Application period for 2016-2017 school year closed.
The 2017-2018 academic year application will reopen in October/November 2016.
- Monthly stipend of €1,181
- Round-trip airfare to and from France
- Free participation in cultural activities
- Basic French healthcare coverage
*Tuition fees are not covered by this award. This award covers only taught-part of master’s degree progam.
How to apply
You must have submitted an application for admission to GGSB to be considered.
Please note that the application form will be filled out by GGSB. However you must supply PDF files (in a zip file) to send in files smaller than 3MO.
The zip file must contain:
- your CV (résumé) of 1-2 pages in French or English. It must include your ranking and GPA (the average from your institution is acceptable)
- a Motivation Essay of 1-2 pages in French or English explaining why you chose to study in France and how this fits into your career goals. Do not forget to write your name in the file.
- plus full copies of your transcripts and degree in English or French.
- a copy of your passport
- French language certificate, if applicable
- two recommendation letters from employers, colleagues and/or professors
Tips for a better application
- Be ready to provide additional information.
- Ask a native speaker to review your CV and motivation letter for mistakes.
- Name your files using the following consistent format: Type of document_master_GEM_first name_LAST NAME
GGSB then proceeds to a pre-selection of successful applicants to submit their applications to Campus France.
- Candidates may apply up to the age of 30 maximum by the date of the Campus France selection committee in March 2016 (date of birth after 07/03/1985).
- Only foreign nationals may apply. Dual nationality candidates who have French nationality are not eligible.
- Candidates currently studying abroad will be given preference over those studying in France.
- Candidates who already speak French will be given preference.
- Candidates who have already obtained a grant from the French Government are not eligible.
- Candidates who were not successful in a previous Eiffel Scholarship application may not reapply.
- Candidates who have previously obtained the Eiffel Scholarship may not reapply.
- The program must be taught in France even if the school has offsite campuses.
- Candidates may not apply directly to Campus France but must go through their chosen Learning Institution.
- Candidates may not be submitted to Campus France by more than one Learning Institution in France.
NB For January candidates :
please note you will not have the results prior to beginning the course and must have paid the tuition fees before integrating the program. The grant is not retroactive to the January term start date. As a result the grant is virtually never granted to candidates starting in January.
Priority Countries for the Grant
Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Middle East and new members of the European Community