Grenoble Ecole de Management (Grenoble, France) and California State University Northridge (Northridge, USA), have combined forces to offer a unique Doctorate of Business Administration degree in the USA. The degree is delivered by Grenoble Ecole de Management.
DBA Student Nelson Pizzaro, serial entrepreneur and Assistant Professor at California State University - USA
Recruitment for this program is on a worldwide basis. Students come from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. These may include: sciences, humanities and technical and engineering fields. Participants have generally attained a high level of professional achievement. They are typically managers or executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified teachers in business schools.
Supervision of the doctoral students
Each DBA candidate is assigned a research-active professor from Grenoble Ecole de Management or from an accredited partner university. The Supervisor brings a broad range of expertise and an international reputation in research on business innovation, technology management and the organisational dimensions of technological change.
Training workshops location
Training workshops organized during stage I are held in Grenoble and the USA:
Workshops planning for 2014-2015 intake* :
- Workshop 1 - Introduction : November 24-29, 2014 (Grenoble)
- Workshop 2 - Research Design and Literature Review: March 6-8,2015 (USA)
- Workshop 3 - Qualitative Research 1: Data Collection: June 5-7, 2015 (USA)
- Workshop 4 - Qualitative Research 2: Data Analysis: October 30 - November 1, 2015 (USA)
- Workshop 5 - Quantitative Research 1: Data Collection and Experimental Design: March 4-6, 2016 (USA)
- Workshop 6 - Quantitative Research 2: Data Analysis: June 3-5, 2016 (USA)
* Subject to change
Candidates should have or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from a recognized institution.
Candidates should also have management experience of at least 5 years pre- or post-Master’s.
The DBA workshops are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English or who have not already studied successfully in an English-speaking environment will be required to provide evidence of advanced proficiency in English.
Dr. Valérie Sabatier
Grenoble Ecole de Management
12 rue Pierre Sémard - BP 127
38003 GRENOBLE Cedex 01
The 2014/2015 program starts on November 24, 2014; applications must be submitted through the online application database to any session below and no later than September 1, 2014.
We advise your to apply to the earliest sessions preferably as the last session will be open only if places remain. Also be aware of the delay if you need a visa.
- Session 1: Deadline complete application file: March 15, 2014
- Session 2: Deadline complete application file: June 15, 2014
- Session 3 : Deadline complete application file: September 1, 2014
Mrs. Marta Baroth
Grenoble Ecole de Management
4 place Robert Schuman
38000 Grenoble - France
Tel: + 33 (0) 4 76 70 62 40
Acceptance to the program will be based on the following:
- An interview with the Program Director (face to face interviews or online interviews)
- Interviews in person are preferred, but can also be done exceptionally by telephone.
- The final validation by the Admission Board.
- Full applications received by each session will be examined within one month by an admission board.
Required application documents (to be uploaded in the application database):
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas* officially translated in English or French
- A statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his motivations and how this fits into his long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives an indication of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans.
- Language test scores if requested
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
Tuition for part-time program 2014-2015
The annual tuition for the Grenoble based program is currently 45 000€ (for 4 years) plus 8 000€ per additional year.
|Year 2*||€ 13,000|
|Year 3||€ 10,000|
|Year 4||€ 8,000|
|Total cost||€ 45,000|
|Additional years (5+)||€ 8,000|
(*): Students are responsible for the cost of travel, accommodation and food during the compulsory workshops to attend.
A deposit of one-third of tuition must be paid upon registration. In addition to these fees, students are responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation and subsistence incurred in attending the workshops.