Grenoble Ecole de Management (Grenoble, France) and California State University Northridge (Northridge, USA), have combined forces to offer a unique Doctorate of Business Administration degree in the USA. The degree is delivered by Grenoble Ecole de Management.
Everything You Need To Know
- Who Are We Looking For?
- Who Will Be Your DBA Supervisor?
- Training Workshops: When and Where?
- Admissions Requirements
- Application Dates
- Required Application Documents
- Whom to Contact?
- Program Director
- Program Fees
Who are we looking for?
Recruitment for this program is on a worldwide basis. Our DBA students come from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. Students may have experience in various areas of study such as sciences, humanities, and technical and engineering fields. Applicants have usually attained a high level of professional achievement and are either managers and executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified instructors who work at business schools.
WHO will be your DBA SUPERVISor?
Each DBA candidate is assigned a research-active professor from GEM or an accredited partner university. Your DBA supervisor provides a broad range of expertise as well as an international reputation in research on business innovation, technology management and the organizational dimensions of technological change.
Training Workshops: When and where?
For the most part, workshops are held at the partner university. In this DBA program, participants will attend their first introductory workshop at GEM in Grenoble and the rest of the workshops will be held at California State University, Northridge.
Workshops planning for 2017 intake* :
- Workshop 1- 20-24 November 2017, Grenoble
- Workshop 2 / Research Design and Literature Review - 2-4 March 2018, CSUN
- Workshop 3 / Qualitative Data Collection - 1-3 June 2018, CSUN
- Workshop 4 / Qualitative Data Analysis - 19-21 October 2018, CSUN
- Workshop 5 / Quantitative Data Collection - 1-3 March 2019, CSUN
- Workshop 6 / Quantitative Data Analysis - 31 May 2019-2 June 2019, CSUN
- Workshop 7/ Quantitative Data Analysis 2 (including stage 1 assessement) - TBC, Grenoble
* Subject to change
Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's.
All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English and who have not already successfully studied in an English-speaking environment will be required to provide evidence of advanced proficiency in English.
Acceptance to the program will be based on the following:
- A preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received
- Final decision made by an Admissions Board
- Session 1 application deadline: March 19, 2018
- Session 2 application deadline: May 14, 2018
- Session 3 application deadline: June 25, 2018
- Session 4 application deadline: August 27, 2018
- Session 5 application deadline: September 24, 2018
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed and signed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas officially translated to English or French
- A Statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his or her motivations and how this is coherent with their long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives indications of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans
- Language test scores if requested
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
Whom to contact?
For questions and guidance in preparing the admissions process please contact the following person:
Mrs. Marta Baroth
Grenoble Ecole de Management
4 place Robert Schuman
38000 Grenoble - France
Tel: + 33 (0) 4 76 70 62 40
Dr. Michelle Mielly
Grenoble Ecole de Management
12 rue Pierre Sémard - BP 127
38003 GRENOBLE Cedex 01
The annual tuition for the Grenoble based program is currently 56 000€ (for 4 years) plus 12 000€ per additional year.
|Year 2*||€ 16,000|
|Year 3||€ 12,000|
|Year 4||€ 12,000|
|Additional years (5+)||€ 12,000|
(*): A deposit of one-third of the tuition fee must be paid upon registration. In addition to these fees, students are responsible for all travel, accommodation and subsistence costs required to attend the program workshops. The tuition fee is subject to change at any time upon written notice.