Grenoble Ecole de Management (Grenoble, France) offers you a unique Doctorate of Business Administration degree delivered in Shanghai and Grenoble.
Everything You Need To Know
- Who Are We Looking For?
- Who Will Be Your DBA Supervisor?
- Training Workshops
- Admissions Requirements
- Application Dates
- Required Application Documents
- Whom to Contact?
- Program Director
- Program Fees
Who are we looking for?
Recruitment for this program is on a worldwide basis with students coming from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. Students may have experience in various areas of study such as sciences, humanities and technical and engineering fields. Applicants have usually attained a high level of professional achievement. They are typically managers or executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified instructors who work in business schools. Most applicants are international professionals who work with Chinese markets or Chinese professionals.
WHO Will Be your DBA SUPERVISor?
Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) has a broad range of expertise and an international reputation in research on business innovation, technology management and the organizational dimensions of technological change. Professors from both institutions lead workshops and act as supervisors for DBA candidates.
Training workshops organized during Stage I of the DBA program are held in Grenoble and in China. The pedagogical content and the organization of the seminars are under the responsibility of GEM. A pool of GEM qualified professors is in charge of leading and facilitating the research seminars.
Workshop schedule for 2016-2017*:
- Workshop 1 – one week, Introduction : November 21st – 25th 2016 in Grenoble
- Workshop 2 – one week, Research Design and Literature Review / Qualitative Research : Data Collection, April 10th-14th 2017 in Grenoble
- Workshop 3 – one week , Qualitative Research : Data Analysis / Quantitative Research : Data Collection and Experimental Design, December 4th-8th 2017
- Workshop 4 – one week, Quantitative Research : Data Analysis & stage one assessment, October 1st-4th 2018 in Grenoble
- Advanced Research Seminar – Quantitative Research : Advanced Data Analysis, December 3rd-5th 2018 in Grenoble or Paris or Shanghai
* Subject to change
Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution. Candidates without master degree need to have at least 10-year management experience.
Candidates should have at least five years of professional management experience either pre- or post-Master's.
All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English or who have not already studied successfully in an English-speaking environment will be required to provide evidence of advanced proficiency in English.
Acceptance to the program will be based on the following
- A preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received
- Final decision made by an Admissions Board
Please contact us directly: XU Amy
Applications must be submitted through the online application process no later than August 20th 2016
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed and signed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas officially translated to English or French
- A Statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his or her motivations and how this is coherent with their long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives indications of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans
- Language test scores if requested
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
A hard copy of these documents must be sent to the following address before the application deadline:
Room 1235, No. 580, Nanjing Road (West)
Jing'an District, Shanghai 200042
Tel: 86 21 60391956
Fax: 86 21 60276500
Chaoqun PAN, Marketing & PR Manager
Amy. J. XU, Regional Office Manager
Whom to contact?
For questions and guidance in preparing the admissions process please contact the following person: Amy. J. XU.
Dr. Jie YAN
+33 476 706 071
Grenoble Ecole de Management
12 rue Pierre Sémard - BP 127
38003 GRENOBLE Cedex 01
Please contact us directly Amy. J. XU.
|Year 1||€ 15,000|
|Year 2||€ 14,000|
|Year 3||€ 10,000|
|Year 4||€ 10,000|
|Additional year(s)||€ 10,000|