In 2012, Grenoble Ecole de Management and the Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad, joined forces to offer the first Doctorate of Business Administration degree in India. The degree is delivered by Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM).
IMT Ghaziabad is a top ranking business school in India and has earned global recognition. The school is rated " A * * * " by CRISIL, holds SAQS accreditation, and is a member of AACSB and GBSN.
Who are we looking for?
Recruitment for this program is mainly in India but is also on a worldwide basis. Students come from a wide variety of career backgrounds that include the sciences, humanities and technical and engineering fields.
Participants have generally attained a high level of professional achievement. They are typically managers or executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified teachers who work in business schools.
WHO Will Be your DBA SUPERVISor?
Each DBA candidate is assigned a research-active professor from GEM or IMT. The Supervisor brings a broad range of expertise and an international reputation in research on business innovation, technology management and the organizational dimensions of technological change.
Training Workshops: When and where?
Training workshops organized during Stage I of the DBA program are held in Grenoble and in Ghaziabad, India near Delhi. The pedagogical content and the organization of seminars are under the responsibility of GEM. A pool of GEM and IMT qualified professors are in charge of leading the research seminars.
Workshop schedule for 2015-2016*:
- Workshop 1: November 16-20, 2015 (Grenoble)
- Workshop 2 : March 2016 (Ghaziabad)
- Workshop 3: June 2016 (Ghaziabad)*
- Workshop 4: November 2016 (Ghaziabad)*
- Workshop 5 + Stage 1 Defense: March 13-17 2017 (Grenoble)*
*Subject to change/confirmation
Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from a recognized institution.
Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's.
All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English or who have not already studied successfully in an English-speaking environment will be required to provide evidence of advanced proficiency in English.
Acceptance to the program will be based on the following:
- An interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call
- Final validation by the Admissions Board
Complete application forms must be submitted directly to IMT Ghaziabad. Final acceptance to the program falls under GEM's responsibility.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed & signed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas officially translated to English or French
- A Statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his or her motivations and how this fits with their long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives an indication of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans
- Language test scores if requested
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
Ms. Puja Ahuja
Dr. Michelle Mielly
Tel: +33 645611475
Grenoble Ecole de Management
12 rue Pierre Sémard - BP 127 - 38003 GRENOBLE Cedex 01 - France