Joint Degree Offered by Grenoble Ecole de Management and Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna – Pisa
A top-ranked French business school and an Italian university of excellence have joined forces to offer a double DBA degree in Chongqing, China.
The School of Economics and Business Administration of Chongqing University is one of the top business schools in China and well-known institution for training the best business executives and entrepreneurs in West China.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Who Are We Looking For?
- Who Will Be Your DBA Supervisor?
- Training Workshops: When and Where?
- Admissions Requirements
- Application Dates
- Required Application Documents
- Whom to Contact?
- Program Director
- Program Fees
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This program was created for English speaking executives who wish to study in China and Europe.
They may come from a wide variety of countries and have different career backgrounds (sciences, humanities, technical and engineering fields, professionally qualified teachers in business schools, etc.).
A master's level degree and a high level of professional achievement (minimum of five years' work experience) are prerequisites for the program.
Who will be your dba supervisor?
Each DBA candidate is assigned a doctorate level research-active professor from one of the partner institutions.
The supervisor helps the student define and carry out a DBA research project until his or her final thesis defense.
Training Workshops: When and where?
Stage 1 of the DBA (Year 1 and Year 2) is dedicated to research methodologies in management sciences. The training workshops are held in Chongqing (China), with the exception of the first and last workshop, which are held in Pisa and Grenoble.
Workshop schedule for 2015*:
- Workshop 1: Introduction: 28 September – 2nd October 2015, Grenoble
- Workshop 2 to 6: Chongqing (Date to be confirmed)
- Workshop 7: Pisa (Date to be confirmed)
*Subject to change.
Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's.
All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English or who have not already studied successfully in an English-speaking environment will be required to provide evidence of advanced proficiency in English.
Acceptance to the program will be based on the following:
- A preliminary interview with the Program Directors, in person or by video call/telephone call once all application materials have been received
- Final decision made by an Admissions Board
The 2015-2019 program will start in Fall 2015.
Applications must be submitted to Dan Bin.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed and signed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas officially translated to English or French
- A Statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his or her motivations and how this is coherent with their long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives indications of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans
- Language test scores if requested
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
Whom to contact?
For questions and guidance in preparing the admissions process please contact the following person: Dan Bin
Prof. Jean-Jacques Chanaron
Doctoral School - Grenoble Ecole de Management
12 rue Pierre Sémard - BP 127
38003 Grenoble Cedex 01 – France
Prof. Nicola Bellini
Istituto di management
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
33, Piazza Martiri della Libertà
I-56127 Pisa - Italy
tel.: +39 331 6992278
Prof. Dan Bin
174 Shazhengjie, Shapingba,
Chongqing, 400044, China
(*) A deposit of one-third of the tuition fee must be paid upon registration. In addition to these fees, students are responsible for all travel, accommodation and subsistence costs required to attend the program workshops. The tuition fee is subject to change at any time upon written notice.