Doctorat , INPL
Areas of expertise
- Design Capabilities for Breakthrough Innovation
- Cognition and Innovation
- New Start-up Creation for Technological Innovations
- Collaborative Innovation
+33 4 76 70 64 55 Office : F503
Thomas Gillier is assistant professor at Grenoble Ecole de Management and research affiliate at MINES ParisTech (Center for Management Science). His research interests are about innovation, design theory and creativity.
He is passionate about creative design process both at the organizational and the individual levels. At the individual levels, Thomas Gillier studies creative human thinking for a wide range of activities (design of innovative products, generation of new strategic options, exploration of new business models...). He has an interest for the inventive process of breakthrough technologies. At the organizational level, his research is informed by insights from the process perspective of creative team as well as the cognitive perspective in management. He has been conducting research on new collaborative forms of innovation such as crowdsourcing, cross-industry exploratory partnerships and Grand Challenges.
He published international journal such as Journal of Product Innovation Management, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, Creativity and Innovation Management, International Journal of Project Management and European Journal of Innovation Management. He received best papers of several major conferences (Academy of Management Conference 2016, Euram Conference 2014, IPDM 2009, “Prix Académique de la Recherche” - FNEGE and Syntec Federation.)
- PIMS – Gestion de projet - Master - from 2011 to 2015
- Innovation - Master - Since 2014
- Introduction au Management de la Technologie - Licence - from 2011 to 2015
- Design & New Product Development - Master - Since 2014
- Actualités de l'innovation et anticipation - Formation Continue - Since 2014