Grenoble Ecole de Management offers a Postdoctoral Bridge to Business Program (PB2) for candidates who already hold a PhD in an area other than business.
This program is endorsed by AACSB International, the premier accrediting body for business schools worldwide. Graduates of AACSB-endorsed programs can be, based on determination of the hiring school, considered academically qualified for the period of five years from program completion.
The program is designed as a close adaptation of the DBA program at Grenoble Ecole de Management for candidates already holding a doctoral-level degree. The program lasts one year. Each participant is coached by a qualified supervisor throughout the program.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Participants will attend a series of three seminars to learn research skills in the field of management.
The location of these seminars will depend on the specialization track chosen by each participant. In addition, a series of self-paced modules and collaborative activities will be put on the Moodle-based virtual campus.
Each non-business candidate carries out a major research project which culminates in the writing of one scientific article. Participants also design and teach new modules in management education.
- The article will be evaluated by two reviewers (one external and one internal to Grenoble Ecole de Management) selected by the Grenoble Ecole de Management PB2 Program Steering Committee . The article can then be submitted to peer-reviewed journals.
- A course module in management, designed by the candidate, will be evaluated by a professor of Grenoble Ecole de Management.
Getting the AACSB-endorsed Post-Doctoral Bridge Certificate allows the candidate to be "Academically Qualified" for five years and then to be recruited by AACSB- and EQUIS-accredited business schools.
Recruitment is based on the following criteria:
- Candidates must already hold a doctoral degree in a non-business discipline from a recognized institution
- Provide evidence of advanced proficiency in English (workshops are conducted in English)
PARTICIPANTS TYPICALLY INCLUDE
- Scholars with a PhD in science or teaching who are ready to teach in business schools
- Individuals who want to gain academic credentials as recognized by AACSB.
For all candidates, the tuition fee is 14,000 Euros (for the whole program). Tuition may be covered in part by the candidate and the balance paid by a scholarship from the employing institution.
Fees do not include travel and accommodation expenses.